Please login or join to use the Hideout!

Forums Rants 'n' Raves Shakin' Street
  • Topic: Calling all guitar tech-heads

Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • October 18, 2010 5:51 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Right, I'd like to start with a little arse-kissing cus it's my first post. I like this website alot, and have only really started to use it properly recently. But I think it's a real nice community we got going on here and I like the cut of everyone's jib that ive had dealings with. So nice one to kopper for starting this.
      Arse kissing over, this questions is really for people who have had any experience with 60's Japanese Guitars like Teisco's ect. The sound is great (and they look fucking cool), just what I'm looking for. The trouble I have is getting the fuckers to stay in tune. Any one had any experience with this? or got any ingenuous ideas? I thought about changing the Machine heads, anyone done this? how did it pan out? Or those tuning lock things, would they work? I barley hacve a pot to piss in, so I'm looking for the most cash friendly option. Any advice would be appreciated. Cheers for reading, stay well.
      Jake.   

• October 18, 2010 10:13 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Locking tuners work fine, but I am not too sure how the ywould work on a Teisco as far as performance. They install easily enough just make sure you have the correct tools - the fit has to be perfectly snug. I forget the name of the tool I used (dremmel?) but ask your local guitar shop.

You can usually find inexpensice locking tuners on ebay - You might went to spend a few bucks though to ensure the highest quality performance.

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel