Please login or join to use the Hideout!

Forums Rants 'n' Raves Shakin' Street
  • Topic: WHAT'S YOUR VISION? SHARE IT WITH ME!!!

Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • October 5, 2010 12:42 PM CDT
    • Untitled

HI i just read some things written by john who used to play the bass in the fuzztones he said.. he said about how the main guy jst used to rip off old tunes and steal tunes from past bandmates... I think im a bit like that guy just doing sonics covers and dressing like the bands i like. like a few days ago i was watching all these old horror films just cos i heard the cramps saying stuff about them and then i was like thinking about wearing leather trousers and high heels u knw like just being a poor 2nd rate version of lux interior. What you think i should do? like once i was about 16 and im 19 now and i was proper digging psychocandy by the mary chain and then i was making music like them and stuff.. Nothing original or like my own ideas. Like in garage rock and genres like that its cool 2 jst take a little bit off another song i suppose but i just steal everything cos i literally cant think of my own things i want to do. I suppose its just a simple answer , combine all your iunfluences but thats easier said than done.. i want to make like a proper amazing band not just some cover band........ I JUST WONDERED REALLY IF ANYBODY ELSE HAS HAD THIS PROBLEM OR EVEN GONE THROUGH A PHASE WHEN THEY STARTED DRESSING LIKE A FAVOURITE BAND...... i am very vein and i wanna look cool but deep down in my heart i know im not lux interior and some of those horror films i didnt really like...ideally my band would have lyrics about the wwf during its attitude era, lyrics about formula one, words about like just living in manchester in the UK, stuff about education like how insane it is, stuff about girls. and the guitars would sound like a cross between the cramps and the mary chain and it would have like the attitude of a young paul weller. and i would sing in my normal voice cos alot of the time i put on this fake american voice and i hate that i do that actually cos im jst copying people.... IM SORRY I KEEP GOING ON ABOUT MYSELF AS WELL I AM AN EGOMANIACCC but u knw i wanted to get it off my chest and this is the perfect place to do it.... DOES ANYBODY ELSE HAVE ANY COOL VISIONS THAT THEY HAVE SO FAR NOT DONE??????????????
    • October 7, 2010 12:16 AM CDT
    • Untitled

My visions pretty blurry cause I need to get some glasses eh...
    • October 6, 2010 9:45 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

It's too bad you've put this up on the internet. This is the type of thing you're really going to be embarrassed about writing in a few years.
    • October 6, 2010 8:25 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

I'm a bit mixed on the topic myself. I don't think there's anything wrong with emulating your heroes but at the same time you don't want to lose your identity either. I don't think I bring one original idea to the table to tell you the truth, but I've gotten a lot of compliments by people I really admire and they say I'm a real original un-original and I really like that compliment.
    • October 5, 2010 7:03 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Yes, Kopper is right. be yourself, even if that takes finding yourself first. I understand that you are young & probably have not yet figured out where you are going with life, but the fact that you are thinking about it is a good start. I remember seeing Lux play at CBGB's when the Cramps first started. He was very different from the Lux he became. People grow & evolve.

kopper said:
      What a ridiculous topic. How about just being yourself?
    • October 5, 2010 1:11 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

What a ridiculous topic. How about just being yourself?

"Go read a book and flunk a test." -Iggy

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel