Please login or join to use the Hideout!

Forums Rants 'n' Raves Shakin' Street
  • Topic: Eastwood Guitars

Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • September 28, 2010 1:27 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Anyone out there own a guitar from this company? The shapes are real garage inspired rockers. Airline (Jack White), Hi-Fyer (Kurt Cobain) and Mosrite guitars shapes like the ones played by The Ventures and Johnny Ramone. They start at $399.00 but don't go over $1000.00. They get great reviews but I would like to hear form one of you! They also have a cool website.
    • October 24, 2011 7:02 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

any one tried the eastwood airline bighorn rrp is £319 its got a strat hardtail bridge bu if  got one id replacethe bidge with a tremolo like a bigsby (no routing requried see) maybe a morite one or a bigsby and a tune omatic bridge

• September 20, 2011 6:45 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

love my eastwood qualty made set neck p90s rock solid stop bar tail peice mine is a baritone. i hade a dano bari stolen and relaced it with this monster. tuned (BEAdf#b) worth the money i could give a crap about it looking like Ramones or Ventures its a great guitar
    • August 27, 2011 5:32 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

i have a 59 airline 3p deluxe by eastwood and it is pretty nice to play, havent had any problems with it, got for 900
    • August 26, 2011 2:45 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

There is the biggest problem. There are just not a lot of dealers out there for Eastwood. Most of their business is done direct.
    • August 26, 2011 2:17 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

i like the look of a couple of there models id love to find a stockist near me and try some
    • December 7, 2010 4:20 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

I play Eastwood's Sidejack model and I have nothing but good things to say about it. The craftsmanship is 2nd to none and the improvements on the most recent model really brought it into it's own. Just not, with this particular model, the original had a bigsby tremolo which was quite good. Then, they switched to a 'burns' tremolo system which was absolutely terrible. Now, they have switched to a traditional Jazzmaster style tremolo and I could not be happier with it. The P-90s, while they could stand to be a bit hotter, have a wonderful tone. The neck is fast and flat. The finish is wonderful. I highly suggest checking them out. From what I see, they only become a better company with each year.
    • October 25, 2010 10:20 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

That's funny that you should say that, I read elsewhere on a guitar snob type forum that the Tuxedo was one of the better ones. Could be a dud I guess. How much did the jupiter set you back? I've been looking at those for a while. I've spent too much on amps lately though.

Dose said:
      I owned a Airline Tuxedo replica and after a year of trying to teak & set it up I ended up donating it to the Girls Rock program. Never could get it to feel right. Just got a vintage Silvertone Jupiter that is the bomb, light weight, campy, nice feedback, great feel.
    • October 25, 2010 2:50 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

I owned a Airline Tuxedo replica and after a year of trying to teak & set it up I ended up donating it to the Girls Rock program. Never could get it to feel right. Just got a vintage Silvertone Jupiter that is the bomb, light weight, campy, nice feedback, great feel.
    • October 21, 2010 11:11 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

I've played their instruments & they are pretty nice, especially for the price. I was using the Club Bass when I played with Truly Lover Trio, which was a Rockabilly/Early 60's Beat group. It was perfect in that band. The band I had after was way more aggressive so I went back to Fender's, but the Eastwood is a nice bass.

When I played in The Hexxers, our guitarist, Rip Carson often played an Eastwood Hi- Flyer. He loved it, and it sounded awesome. I'd have to say the Eastwood Hi-fliers are at least as good as the Univox.
    • September 28, 2010 10:28 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

I don't own any, but I've heard from several people in recent years that they're very good quality axes. Definitely good enough for playing garage trash!

"Go read a book and flunk a test." -Iggy

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel