Please login or join to use the Hideout!

Forums Rants 'n' Raves Shakin' Street
  • Topic: The Rolling Stones

Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • September 8, 2010 11:08 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Coming from very far away in rockland, I have to say every single song of the boys!:) ....even the wimpy period like the mid 80s:)....BUT my absolute faves are all their PSYCHEDELIC stuff from the HMR album:)......Citadel KOs me all the time :):)

• September 8, 2010 8:36 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

dancing with mr. d- a little darker than most of their stuff- just is a great song- different!
    • September 8, 2010 8:19 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

HUUUMMM Imust play " I Wanna Be Your Man " on my show... Mole said:
      "Have You Seen Your Mother Baby, Standing In The Shadow?" - a glorious cacophony of compressed sound, hurtling along like a runaway train! Dig that gnarly wah-wah intro and Jagger's ultra-sardonic vocal. "I Wanna Be Your Man" probably a close second, probably the most chaotic, distorted track released in the UK at that point [late '63]. If THAT ain't punk rock, I don't know what is!!!!
    • September 7, 2010 1:51 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        1 0

Untitled

"Have You Seen Your Mother Baby, Standing In The Shadow?" - a glorious cacophony of compressed sound, hurtling along like a runaway train! Dig that gnarly wah-wah intro and Jagger's ultra-sardonic vocal. "I Wanna Be Your Man" probably a close second, probably the most chaotic, distorted track released in the UK at that point [late '63]. If THAT ain't punk rock, I don't know what is!!!!
    • September 5, 2010 7:45 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

I love the older stuff, so my favourites are gonna be 'Down Home Girl' and 'Off The Hook'...
    • September 4, 2010 6:18 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Right now it's "Shine A Light" but it changes a lot. My three favorite Stones albums are Beggars' Banquet, Exile on Main St. and Let it Bleed, so depending on which one is my favorite at the moment my favorite song is either "Stray Cat Blues" (first Stones song I really loved back when I was 16), "Shine A Light" or their cover of "Love in Vain."
    • September 3, 2010 7:33 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

wow.... you do know your Stones!!!! Isabella Gloria Rodriquez said:
      alright alright let's see.. their "money" TOTALLY beats out the beatles' version.. then there's leave me alone, off the hook, most of 'between the buttons' especially let's spend the night together & connection, 19th nervous breakdown, UNDER MY THUMB!!, sad day, you better move on, you got the silver [both versions], can't you hear me knocking, monkey man, the early version of tumbling dice called good time women.. and how bout the rice krispies song? ah! haha i'm sure there are more but i'll leave it at that (:
    • September 3, 2010 5:18 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Can only agree...even the Stones were along with the Beatles and the doors my entry gate into the 60s they always were to light for me...but Paint it Black and especially 2000 light years from home are still today great songs...but they should have stopped after Angie. FREDDI said:
      Oh yes,strange album that (I guess you mean"Their Satanic Majesties Request") for the Stones,not everybody liked it.
      For me it's not one of their best,but not so bad. 2000 light years from home,Citadel,2000 man the best songs.

ratoonie said:
      does anyone remeber ...cidadel..off of "Her magetrys Secret Request"....??????
    • September 3, 2010 2:24 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Best cover of a Stones song
    • September 3, 2010 12:01 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

alright alright let's see.. their "money" TOTALLY beats out the beatles' version.. then there's leave me alone, off the hook, most of 'between the buttons' especially let's spend the night together & connection, 19th nervous breakdown, UNDER MY THUMB!!, sad day, you better move on, you got the silver [both versions], can't you hear me knocking, monkey man, the early version of tumbling dice called good time women.. and how bout the rice krispies song? ah! haha i'm sure there are more but i'll leave it at that (:
    • September 1, 2010 3:56 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

yea buddy!!!! EGO the Living Planet said:
      It would be tough to make out a top 5. but "Paint It, Black" will always be number one because when the girls walk by in their summer clothes I too have to turn my head until the darkness goes.
    • September 1, 2010 3:54 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Aww c'mon....theres gotta be a couple that you really really Dig!!!!
    • September 1, 2010 2:49 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

ah! lemme start by saying the stones are my favorite band. ever.

now that I got that outta the way..
      damn, i can't even pick /:
    • August 30, 2010 4:37 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

It would be tough to make out a top 5. but "Paint It, Black" will always be number one because when the girls walk by in their summer clothes I too have to turn my head until the darkness goes.
    • August 30, 2010 3:33 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

It's the one with the yellowish cover and mick in a wierd veil thing. ratoonie said:
      Is that the same album w/ mick standin on the stairs? i Knowits only R&r but i Like it??

Alex Patton said:
      Doo Doo Doo Doo Doo (Heart Breaker) off of Goat's Head Soup is one of my many favorites. It seems like I'm relatively alone with this one, but it oozes trash to me.
    • August 30, 2010 1:39 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Top five Stones tracks 1. Child of the Moon - allways loved it since i was little 2. Sing this song altogether ( see what Happens) - love it because there is a lot going on. 3. Everybody Needs somebody to Love - I love the almost reggae bass line at one point 4. Empty Heart - sooooooo catchy 5. 2120 South Michegan Ave - a great instrumental.
    • August 30, 2010 1:32 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Citadel - a great track from "Their Satanic Majestys Request" 1967. ratoonie said:
      does anyone remeber ...cidadel..off of "Her magetrys Secret Request"....??????
    • August 29, 2010 11:30 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Is that the same album w/ mick standin on the stairs? i Knowits only R&r but i Like it?? Alex Patton said:
      Doo Doo Doo Doo Doo (Heart Breaker) off of Goat's Head Soup is one of my many favorites. It seems like I'm relatively alone with this one, but it oozes trash to me.
    • August 29, 2010 10:48 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

I bought the Cocksucker Blues lp at a record convention back when I was 15 or 16, when single discs were $5 and doubles were $10. The Stones owed one more single to their record company at the time(maybe Abcko?) and they could get out of their contract, so they gave them something vile and thoroughly unreleaseable..."Cocksucker Blues." Side One "Cocksucker Blues"; "Brown Sugar"(Eric Clapton on guitar and Al Kooper on french horn);"Jumping Jack Flash"; "Love in Vain"; "Sweet Virginia" Side Two "As Tears Go By"(in Italian); "Exile on Main St. Blues"; "You Can't Always Get What You Want"; "Midnight Rambler" ratoonie said:
      there was a Bootleg ....out many years ago... called Cocksucker Blues....i've only heard about it .....someone please tell us about it!!!!!
    • August 29, 2010 8:02 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

• August 29, 2010 1:01 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

stray Cat Bluees...... naughty song!!!
    • August 29, 2010 12:55 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

there was a Bootleg ....out many years ago... called Cocksucker Blues....i've only heard about it .....someone please tell us about it!!!!!
    • August 28, 2010 11:11 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Probably not exactly my favorite, but an under-rated song is "Undercover of the Night"
    • August 27, 2010 11:53 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

"Gimme Shelter" OK. Just had to respond, in a bid for shameless self-promo. My wife and I co-wrote "Electrocute Your Cock." Great to see the Vom/A. Sams legacy thriving.
    • August 27, 2010 11:44 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        1 0

Untitled

Rocks Off and Gimme Shelter. Kinda surprised no-one's mentioned Gimme Shelter yet, maybe it's only Scorsese that likes it.

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel