Please login or join to use the Hideout!

Forums Rants 'n' Raves Shakin' Street
  • Topic: Any glam rock fans around here?

Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • October 12, 2016 8:36 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled title

iF WE HAVE'NT SPOKEN ABOUT THIS (AND IF WE'RE STILL SPEAKING....), I can't recommend Giuda (Pron . "zhoo - da".), from Italy , enough.  They have three albums , each one betraying an obsession for early 70's Glam masterpieces (Some of their songs sound like well known Glam Rock songs , at times.). It's aggressive and beat - heavy in the Slade, Sweet , Gary Glitter , and even Mud , traditions , but it makes sense , musically , in this day and age. THEY'VE HONED THEIR THING OVER THE LAST FEW YEARS  , AND ARE NOW A highly professional and powerful , machine , with a rousing live show.

• May 22, 2017 11:10 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled title

I FOUND ALVIN STARDUST'S FIRST UK ALBUM , RECENTLY. I've always liked what little I'd heard , but , apart from a couple of singles , I've never seen anything turn up. In fact , I already found a Shane Fenton (Stardust's previous hit venture in the 60's , where he assumed the identity of his band's previous frontman , who had died suddenly . ) CD comp, years earlier.  The Stardust LP is surprisingly good , at times ,           T Rex/Slade good. His vocal style owes a lot to Gene Vincent and Vince Taylor.    In fact , so did his stage personna.  So , if you like the Chinnichap/Mike Leander sound , and are at all intrigued by Glam's more than casual flirtations with Rockabilly , seek him out.

• November 4, 2018 8:59 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled title

Sweet came thru a few months ago on their 50th anniversary tour. Unfortunately , it was Steve Priest's US - based version of the band , whom I would'nt mind seeing , but , I'd hoped Andy Scott , the only other surviving original member , and Priest would tour together. They said they're planning to record together , tho'. It was at a beautiful theatre in ST. Charles , Ill. , The Arcadia, but ,  it's not accessible from Chicago without a car. AND it was like $65.

• April 14, 2019 9:47 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled title

The Mott The Hoople '74 show did not disappoint , except that they did'nt do "Moon Upstairs" , and "Violence " was reduced to a blip on the radar (Just like on the live album). They sounded great , and that bitch , Ian Hunter , got NO damned business looking as good as he does at 80 !

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel