Please login or join to use the Hideout!

Forums Rants 'n' Raves Shakin' Street
  • Topic: Hey Jose!

Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • July 30, 2010 10:03 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Has there ever been a garage punk comp of just solely Hey Joe covers? I know there was one for Louie Louie many years back. It s time to give this rockin' song justice! My vote for best cover goes to the Leaves with the Swamp Rats close 2nd. Whatya think?
    • August 23, 2010 9:15 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

A quick search of the Garage Compilation Database shows these: Hey Joe by Baronen Hey Joe by Kek '66 Hey Joe by The Chosen Few Hey Joe by The Searchers Hey Joe by Blues Unlimited Hey Joe by Marto Hey Joe by The Leaves Hey Joe by The Stillroven Hey Joe by The Pied Pipers Hey Joe by The People Hey Joe by The Seen Hey Joe by Enemys Hey Joe by The Leaves Hey Joe by The Band Of Joy Hey Joe by The Roks Hey Joe by Nomads Hey Joe by The Warlocks Hey Joe by Zwinks Hey Joe by Euphoria's Id Hey Joe by The Hazzards Hey Joe by Carlos Bisso Y Conexion No. 5 Hey Joe by The Soulbenders Hey Joe by Love Hey Joe by The Byrds Hey Joe by The Stems Hey Joe by Peter Belli & Four Roses Hey Joe by The Fragile Zookeeper Hey Joe by The Outer Mongolian Herd Hey Joe by The Litter Hey Joe by Los Locos Del Ritmo Hey Joe by The Golden Cups Hey Joe by The Summits Hey Joe by Fever Tree Hey Joe by Swamp Rats Hey Joe by The Stems Hey Joe by Drys While I haven't heard most of those, I'd have to say I'd agree with you on the Leaves' and Swamp Rats' versions.

"Go read a book and flunk a test." -Iggy

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel