Please login or join to use the Hideout!

Forums Rants 'n' Raves Shakin' Street
  • Topic: Slayer

Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • July 23, 2010 6:29 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Yes,I know Kreator,I owned their first LP "Pleasure to kill" I still got lots of vinyls of that era,and now that somes have reached collectors prices I'm tryng to sell them,since I don't listen anymore.(But Stones,Kinks,Yardbyrds,etc. bought in the same years will never get out of my home!!) I loved EXODUS-"Bonded by blood" too.I have seen them with Venom in 1984! Doc Sanchez said:
      Oh yeah, Nuclear Assault. And Suicidal Tendencies - I really love them up to "The Art of Rebellion". Man, they were REALLY important for me back then. Another really, really great metal record is "Extreme Aggression" by the german band Kreator. I don't think they were ever that good again, this one is soooo hard and aggressive, you can really feel that the strings are made of steel...
    • July 23, 2010 5:31 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        1 0

Untitled

Shit, Survive by Nuclear Assault was pretty much my favourite album for a while when I was a teenager. Funnily enough I never owned Reign in Blood, but I loved Hell Awaits.
    • July 23, 2010 5:02 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Oh yeah, Nuclear Assault. And Suicidal Tendencies - I really love them up to "The Art of Rebellion". Man, they were REALLY important for me back then. Another really, really great metal record is "Extreme Aggression" by the german band Kreator. I don't think they were ever that good again, this one is soooo hard and aggressive, you can really feel that the strings are made of steel...

www.cyco-sanchez.de

• July 22, 2010 9:11 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Oh yes,Cro-Mags with "The age of quarrel" were good too. I would add S.O.D., Nuclear Assault,Suicidal Tendencies the first one, Ludi-Christ,Crumbsuckers... wow!! Doc Sanchez said:
      "Masturbatory guitar work", haha, exactly! You can't say it any better!

I always loved these guitar solos which seem to have no structure at all, but still you always can say whether it's King or Hanneman playing. They always feel like some otherworldly noise, more like the screams of the damned in hell than guitars. But I like the brutal riffs better than the solos, they're so powerful, played with so much pressure. And Rick Rubin did a good job producing the album - clear, with loads of pressure, but still dirty as hell. Reminds me more of, say, the Cro-Mags than of other Metal acts (especially scandinavian Death Metal bands from end of the 80s, beginning of the 90s often had a pretty weak sound).

As you said: Slayer rules and leaves nothing more to be said.
    • July 22, 2010 8:19 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

The Reverend Beat-Man is a total Metahead and a Slayer fan! Go figure!
    • July 22, 2010 7:59 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

"Masturbatory guitar work", haha, exactly! You can't say it any better!

I always loved these guitar solos which seem to have no structure at all, but still you always can say whether it's King or Hanneman playing. They always feel like some otherworldly noise, more like the screams of the damned in hell than guitars. But I like the brutal riffs better than the solos, they're so powerful, played with so much pressure. And Rick Rubin did a good job producing the album - clear, with loads of pressure, but still dirty as hell. Reminds me more of, say, the Cro-Mags than of other Metal acts (especially scandinavian Death Metal bands from end of the 80s, beginning of the 90s often had a pretty weak sound).

As you said: Slayer rules and leaves nothing more to be said.

www.cyco-sanchez.de

• July 22, 2010 3:49 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

One of the best,if not the best,in thrash genre.
      Just 30 minutes that left nothing more to be said.
    • July 22, 2010 3:13 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

SLAYER RULES! Slayer was my all time favorite band in middle school and I will always hold a special place in my heart for them. "Reign in blood" is one of the definitive thrash albums of all time. Dave Lombardo's drums are out of control, as are the manic and frenzied picking. Amazing masturbatory guitar work, if Kerry King played through a reverb tank he'd sound like dick dale. I feel like guitar wise there's a lot in common between surf and metal, players with a need for speed.

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel