Please login or join to use the Hideout!

Forums Rants 'n' Raves Shakin' Street
  • Topic: A guitar made to be destroyed!

Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • June 24, 2010 10:04 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Google "K's Japan smash guitar" It's a guitar that's made to be destroyed. It sells for $60.00 and can be broken on stage with one swing. When your done with it you send it back to be recycled. What do you think about that?
    • June 27, 2010 7:45 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

"wear goggles"
    • June 27, 2010 5:04 AM CDT
    • Untitled

I love how the company covers its arse from liabilities saying that you must be over 18 with a safety screen when smashing. With noone around in 20m in all directions.
    • June 27, 2010 1:57 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

I HAVE to wear a wig of messed up hair. I'm really not good at growing my own these days and people just don't seem to like it when I sing We Stand United with a receding hairline. Actually I wore it as a tribute to ? way back when but everyone around my scene said I should continue, so I did. Except when I opened for the Woggles. That just would have felt embarassing. kopper said:
      Lame. This reminds me of fashion jean companies selling jeans with holes in the knees. What's next? Buying a wig of messed up hair? Just mess up your own damn hair!
    • June 27, 2010 1:14 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

the kids who play "guitar hero" and think they are actual musicians will love it!
    • June 26, 2010 7:52 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

A guitar smashed in one swing? It kind of devalues the whole thing. Pete wouldn't like it, I expect!
      If they've got balls they should smash their Teisco or their les paul (though I have to say that if I ever see someone smash a Teisco del rey, I'd smack him or her in the face... If you want to smash a les paul, well, have a ball then).
    • June 26, 2010 12:31 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Before everyone gets their panties in a bunch over this, they need to realize that this is actually a toy and being sold as one at Amazon.JP http://www.smash-guitar.com/index_eng.html If I was to find one at a local store I might even buy one for the novelty factor, just like I am often tempted to buy one of those First Act Discovery guitars when I see them on the clearance table. Of course my wife often talks me out of doing such foolish things.
    • June 25, 2010 7:40 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

why should somebody smash a guitar?
    • June 25, 2010 12:50 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

or the pre-faded "concert tees" some mall conglomerate was selling for a while.

and it was always journey or foreigner or some other radio crap. I guess so 22 year old slack jawed himbo dudes into seether can feel like "i wuz there".

"know your audience"
    • June 25, 2010 9:59 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Lame. This reminds me of fashion jean companies selling jeans with holes in the knees. What's next? Buying a wig of messed up hair? Just mess up your own damn hair!

"Go read a book and flunk a test." -Iggy

• June 25, 2010 7:50 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Mike Humsgreen said:
      If you pay $60 for a guitar won't it sound like shit before you smash it?
      Good point! And if you play your normal guitar and change it to the Smash Guitar just for the last song - wouldn't that be even more manufactured? But since I'd never smash my guitar no matter how much I lose it, for I love it and can't afford a new one at the moment... Well, I'd give it a try just for fun...

www.cyco-sanchez.de

• June 25, 2010 1:17 AM CDT
    • Untitled

If you pay $60 for a guitar won't it sound like shit before you smash it?
    • June 24, 2010 11:09 PM CDT
    • Untitled

Well, considering amount of guitars I've fixed from people that have "lost it" and smashed their guitars to bits it could save me a lot of time and hassle.

But the true essence, if you will, of smashing a guitar is the fact that the smasher has lost it in the heat of moment and in a fit of creative passion they've trashed their guitar. Buying a guitar just to smash kinda makes the whole a little manufactured.

The recycled part is pretty easy cause guitars have heaps of parts that can be reused.

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel