Please login or join to use the Hideout!

Forums Rants 'n' Raves Shakin' Street
  • Topic: Looking for some live footage.

Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • June 22, 2010 4:27 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Hello Garagepunkers.  I've been looking around for some live footage of the Drags and the Horrors (not the UK band, I mean the guys on In The Red.)  If anyone could provide me some links I would appreciate it very much.
    • June 24, 2010 4:20 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Rad!!! Thanks Kopper! Obviously you youtube search skill are a bit better than mine, unless this was just recently posted.
    • June 24, 2010 2:00 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

HORRORS (the good ones) from the Vegas Shakedown, 2000:

"Go read a book and flunk a test." -Iggy

• June 24, 2010 1:57 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Thanks for the tip, I'll use some of you capped keywords in my searches in the future to see what I can come up with. toploader1040w said:
      i saw the Drags in 1996 at a local bar in RIVERSIDE, CA called the 5150 CLUB. there was someone there with a "Handycam"- some of us remember these Sony items. IDK if it was just some dumb local ( the bar had a few of those ) or if they were with the band, but nevertheless, they were being recorded. sorry what just seems like a cock tease, but you are not searching in COMPLETE vain.
    • June 24, 2010 4:20 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

i saw the Drags in 1996 at a local bar in RIVERSIDE, CA called the 5150 CLUB. there was someone there with a "Handycam"- some of us remember these Sony items. IDK if it was just some dumb local ( the bar had a few of those ) or if they were with the band, but nevertheless, they were being recorded. sorry what just seems like a cock tease, but you are not searching in COMPLETE vain.
    • June 23, 2010 11:40 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

I'd have to agree with you there Rod, I didn't really like most of the newer albums either. I'm glad I own some of the older stuff, like both Supercharger albums, almost all the Mummies records, think I have every Von Zipper's record from them too. I even have one Mono Men 10" and some other stuff that I can't think of right now off the top of my head. Oh, both Drags LPs too. But some stuff I wish I could still find, like the Maker's self titled record. The 90's were certainly where it was at. It's hard to believe some of those records are pushing almost 20-years-old now.
    • June 23, 2010 7:21 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

I think that was in 2000 or 2001. Never went to a Garage Shock show despite living in Washington mostly because a lot of the bands would also play in Seattle those same weekends. I don't think Estrus really EVER survived that warehouse fire despite having some distribution and mail service mostly because (and I'm not positive on this) a lot of Mono Men mastertapes were probably in that warehouse along with some other bands who made up the backbone of the label. Despite most of their stuff being limited editons, you could always find stuff every year between 1990 and 1997 since that first year, but after 1997, nothing ever got re-issued. It was always new stuff (and unfortunatly, it wasn't really stuff I liked). Jamie Christiansen said:
      I went to a Garage Shock a few years back, I don't remember which number. It was at Emo's in Austin TX and it was a great time. The Von Zippers, Gasoline, The Immortal Lee County Killers (v1), The Cherry Valance, Fatal Flying Guillotines, that band that Mark Arm was/is in, think it's called The Monkeywrench...lots of other bands as well. It was a great time. All put on by Estrus Records (are they out of business now?)
    • June 23, 2010 11:41 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Found out this band (Garage Shock) are named thus because they play covers of '90s Estrus bands. It's their schtick, so to speak. I invited them to check out the Hideout, too. And yeah, Estrus is no more. Still in business for mailorder, I believe, but not releasing anything new. I think the last two things Dave Crider put out were the "Death By Unga-Bunga" LP by the Mummies and a DT's record. Think that was in 2004 or 2005. Meanwhile, I still haven't found any Drags or Horrors live footage, but I'm sure some exists... somewhere. Jamie Christiansen said:
      I went to a Garage Shock a few years back, I don't remember which number. It was at Emo's in Austin TX and it was a great time. The Von Zippers, Gasoline, The Immortal Lee County Killers (v1), The Cherry Valance, Fatal Flying Guillotines, that band that Mark Arm was/is in, think it's called The Monkeywrench...lots of other bands as well. It was a great time. All put on by Estrus Records (are they out of business now?)

• June 23, 2010 3:07 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

• June 22, 2010 7:24 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

OK, I found more videos by "Garage Shock" and I think that is actually the name of the band, so, sorry. Guess that's not the Drags after all.

Think I'll go start a band called Gonerfest now.

• June 22, 2010 7:22 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

I can't tell if this is the Drags or someone covering them (and the video's description is pretty unclear on this, too). Says it's from Garage Shock 2008... and hell, I didn't even know there was a Garage Shock in 2008. Or is "Garage Shock" the name of the band? Very confusing! I saw the Drags twice back in the '90s. Once in Austin and again at TrebleFest '96 in Denver, and they were insane. Much more energetic than what you see in the video above.

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel