Please login or join to use the Hideout!

Forums Regional Forums Continental U.S.
  • Topic: Pirate Cat Radio in SF looking for DJs!

Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • June 21, 2010 1:04 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Pirate Cat Radio in San Francisco (87.9 FM) is looking for some DJs. You obviously would need to live in the Bay Area, though. They require $30/month dues and people who are committed to doing a weekly radio show. Pretty cool! Click here for the application.

"Go read a book and flunk a test." -Iggy

• June 21, 2010 1:28 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

No one contacted me. Just saw it on Twitter. Thanks for the reply, though. DJ Voodoo Idol said:
      Umm being a casualty of the Pirate Cat Regime, there is a lot more that you'll have to do in order to have your own radio show. I'm only saying this as a disclaimer. You'll be required to work in the cafe for FREE for three months. The cafe shift is a 5 hour shift once a week and you cannot keep your tips. On top of that, expect fines of various amounts for such things as not filling in the log, not updating your set lists in the Spinitron system, not indicating which genre of music you're playing, not posting two events posts per week, etc. There is a reason why there is such a high turnover at Pirate Cat. Wow, I wonder who contacted you to post this.

"Go read a book and flunk a test." -Iggy

• June 21, 2010 1:26 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Umm being a casualty of the Pirate Cat Regime, there is a lot more that you'll have to do in order to have your own radio show. I'm only saying this as a disclaimer. You'll be required to work in the cafe for FREE for three months. The cafe shift is a 5 hour shift once a week and you cannot keep your tips. On top of that, expect fines of various amounts for such things as not filling in the log, not updating your set lists in the Spinitron system, not indicating which genre of music you're playing, not posting two events posts per week, etc. There is a reason why there is such a high turnover at Pirate Cat. Wow, I wonder who contacted you to post this.

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel