Please login or join to use the Hideout!

Forums Rants 'n' Raves Shakin' Street
  • Topic: Dictators hit the Big Leagues!

Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • June 21, 2010 12:23 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Yes, this is Handsome Dick Manitoba & the Dictators' cover of "California Sun" on the new 2010 MLB All-Star Game TV Commercial:

Fuck yeah!!

"Go read a book and flunk a test." -Iggy

• July 8, 2010 1:16 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

That's fantastic. The 'tators are decades behind being getting the acknowledgement they are due.
    • July 6, 2010 3:03 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Glad you liked that idea:) kopper said:
      MikeL said:
      I'm waiting for a political candidate to use "I Wanna Destroy You" by the Soft Boys in a campaign commercial.

Shit, what a great idea! Makes me want to run for office if for no other reason than THAT! Haha...
    • July 6, 2010 8:58 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

MikeL said:
      I'm waiting for a political candidate to use "I Wanna Destroy You" by the Soft Boys in a campaign commercial.
      Shit, what a great idea! Makes me want to run for office if for no other reason than THAT! Haha...

• June 24, 2010 3:04 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

whoa, The 1973 demo version too. Cool!
    • June 24, 2010 7:30 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Personally, I like the Dictators' cover of "California Sun" better than the Ramones' cover of "California Sun." It's also one of my favorite songs to watch the Garage Girls a Go Go dance to, along with "Pull Shapes" by the Pipettes.

• June 24, 2010 4:27 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

wow is that weird- hearing Dick Mani while looking at Jeter and A-Rod on a T.V. commercial. its like finding out your daughter is having sex.
    • June 23, 2010 10:21 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Y'know I really don't remember. Probably some Femine hygene product. It was back in 2002 or 03. whatwave dave said:
      What commercial was that on Rockin' Rod???

Rockin Rod Strychnine said:
      i'm tellin ya, a lot of the guys and gals on today's advertising boards are probably those who always loved this music. Even though it wasn't the Real Kids but a bunch of studio musicians, I still thought it was cool when I heard All Kindsa Girls on commercial TV.
    • June 23, 2010 7:53 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

What commercial was that on Rockin' Rod??? Rockin Rod Strychnine said:
      i'm tellin ya, a lot of the guys and gals on today's advertising boards are probably those who always loved this music. Even though it wasn't the Real Kids but a bunch of studio musicians, I still thought it was cool when I heard All Kindsa Girls on commercial TV.
    • June 23, 2010 7:36 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

• June 21, 2010 5:32 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

The show is actually called "When Giants Walked the Earth: A Musical Memoir." In it, Andy refers to himself as the Christopher Columbus of Punk Rock and tells true stories of being at the beginnings of punk rock in America and the UK. It's about a 2 hour affair, with classic Dictators songs played acoustically interspersed with tales of The Ramones, The Dictators and the early punk rock scene in NYC....it's hilarious, enchanting, scary and sad all at the same time...and a treat for the whole family as the younguns should hear these tales. Here's a link to The Andy Shernoff Appreciation Society on facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Andy-Shernoff-Appreciation-Society/111480742209768?ref=mf#!/pages/Andy-Shernoff-Appreciation-Society/111480742209768?v=wall&ref=mf A couple of the dates are listed as facebook events there...I can't seem to find one site that lists all of the shows, but check out the facebook link as he may be coming to your area sometime soon. Below is a picture of Andy at Call The Office in London Ontario Canada....6/11/2010....We have the 'special honour' of being the smallest crowd that Andy has ever performed for....and we are ashamed.

kopper said:
      What is "Andy's one man Christopher Columbus of Punk show"? Ya know, a link or something would be good here...

whatwave dave said:
      Andy Shernoff told me about this the other day....if you get a chance, check out Andy's one man Christopher Columbus of Punk show. Highly entertaining and loads of fun!!
      Acoustic versions of some Dictator's classics including 'Who Will Save Rock'n'Roll'....it sent shivers down my spine!!!!
    • June 21, 2010 1:51 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

What is "Andy's one man Christopher Columbus of Punk show"? Ya know, a link or something would be good here... whatwave dave said:
      Andy Shernoff told me about this the other day....if you get a chance, check out Andy's one man Christopher Columbus of Punk show. Highly entertaining and loads of fun!!
      Acoustic versions of some Dictator's classics including 'Who Will Save Rock'n'Roll'....it sent shivers down my spine!!!!

• June 21, 2010 12:05 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel