Please login or join to use the Hideout!

Forums Rants 'n' Raves Shakin' Street
  • Topic: favorite bands?

Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • June 14, 2010 9:18 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        1 0

Untitled

The Sonics, The Kingsmen, Radio Birdman, The Stooges, The Ramones, Minor Threat, Thee Headcoats, The Gories, The Oblivians, Ty Segall, King Khan & BBQ
    • June 14, 2010 11:31 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

The Cramps, The Sonics, The MC5, Stooges, The Kingsmen, The Cynics, King Khan and the Shrines, The Litter, Kim Fowley........ Just too many to mention, but they should all keep you Swingin at the Hop. Jeepers, i nearly forgot our very own Rolling Stones (pre 71) and the awesome and sometimes overlooked, Them, Van Morrison at his angriest. Try The Angry Young Them as a reference point, Its easy after that....
    • June 14, 2010 11:27 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

The Marked Men, the Points, the Hex Dispensers, Love Collector, Bad Sports, the Bronx, Japanther, Young Offenders, the Spits and the Chumps to name a few. Thanks for asking!
    • June 14, 2010 8:36 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Favourite bands???

The Cramps, The Flamin' Groovies and everything that these 2 bands have inspired me to listen to.....plus i used to listen to AM radio back in the 60's in the pre-programmed days.
    • June 14, 2010 7:23 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        2 0

Untitled

hey ross, hoots mon there!!! so what wee east coast village near edinburgh would that be then??? just curious as i too lived down that way in the 70s, and still have connections in and around longniddry, cockenzie and the 'pans and north berwick...anyway loads of good sounds you mentioned there cheers from lenny - of the thanes and the wildebeests and a scribbler for the likes of shindig!, misty lane and lost in tyme - sometimes the great and mighty UgLy tHinGs too yeah! Ross Jesus Navaro Richards said:
      hi from a scottish guy in spain! from my wee east coast village near edinburgh to the valley's and hills in valencia.. im playin the chob, bare facts, chambers brothers, precious few, zappa 73/74 tour! hawkwind pre77, slade pre71, national harvester, gong, donovan, rare meat, wailing wall, om, devil dogs, new bomb turks, mummies, nine pound hammer, gories, oblivians, iggy, ramones.. on and on.. i love the pre 71 psyche and garage, selected prog.. i like the german scene, also japanese, this all on near daily basis for 25 years m8.. i know there are lots, if u need a breakdown of why.. i'd be happy to let ya in! have cool cool days!
    • June 14, 2010 4:41 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Olympic studios is my favorite but kill city is fuckin awesome.
    • June 14, 2010 4:40 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

hell yeah, the kill city lp! man, death of the stooges, what a way to go..
    • June 14, 2010 4:36 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

the stooges,iggy and the stooges oh and the stooges.
    • June 14, 2010 4:12 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

hi from a scottish guy in spain! from my wee east coast village near edinburgh to the valley's and hills in valencia.. im playin the chob, bare facts, chambers brothers, precious few, zappa 73/74 tour! hawkwind pre77, slade pre71, national harvester, gong, donovan, rare meat, wailing wall, om, devil dogs, new bomb turks, mummies, nine pound hammer, gories, oblivians, iggy, ramones.. on and on.. i love the pre 71 psyche and garage, selected prog.. i like the german scene, also japanese, this all on near daily basis for 25 years m8.. i know there are lots, if u need a breakdown of why.. i'd be happy to let ya in! have cool cool days!

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel