Please login or join to use the Hideout!

Forums Rants 'n' Raves Shakin' Street
  • Topic: WAVY GRAVY-type albums

Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • June 9, 2010 6:34 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

I love these types of albums. There always seems to be a new title lurking around, so I was curious what all is out there. I know of:

THE BIG ITCH

MELLO JELLO

WOWSVILLE/WEIRDSVILLE/WILDSVILLE

MAYHEM & PSYCHOSIS

MADAME RITARD'S HORRORS OF THE WAX MUSEUM

more?   thanks in advance for any recommendations...

• October 6, 2011 1:27 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Bug Out , The Big Itch , Desperate Rock'n'Roll (Of course) , Shaftman , Frolic Diner , God Less America ,  At The Party , Country Hix , Whip it on 'Em  , Jungle Exotica , Teenage....SomethiNg , it's all J.D AND tEEN cRIME SONGS. Maybe Teen Age RIOT? t- bIRD pARTY , tALKIN' tRASH , Death Dealers ,

VERY early classics - Jukebox at Eric's , Scum of The EARTH (Pt. 1 and 2. Pt. 2 may be more recent.)  

The 80's were a great time for this stuff. If the 80's were a great time for ANYTHING. THERE'S OTHERS.THERE'S EVEN SOME GOOD ONES COMING OUT , NOW.           Good luck. At one time , theses things were plentiful , AND they sold ! John.

• September 27, 2011 8:20 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

I may has missed reading about this one, I'm sure you've all heard about it but you never know 'The Wild Wild World of Mondo Movie Music' on Big Beat

Read on some blog reviewing Wavy Gravy "That you can't listen to these for too long as they loose their novelty/weirdness" I beg to differ, I don't listen to much else!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• September 27, 2011 4:48 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Danilo said:

Have the at the party comps too but the others are abolutely new to me - any chance to get soundfiles of these please ?

Sorry, but I'm not into sound files. "Real Weird Man, Like Wow!" and "Creatures From Outer Space" are fairly recent in-print Australian releases. "Beat, Beat, Beatsville!" has the CD version pictured earlier but there was also a vinyl release with different front cover and title:

"Rock 'n' Roll - The Untold Story Vol. Six" was part of a bigger series of comps with different themes for each volume, with #6 being the novelty / party record.

• September 27, 2011 2:19 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Right you are, Preacher. I did a Twisted Tales set on this podcast:

http://www.bigenchiladapodcast.com/2010/12/podcast-31-below-tobacco-road.html

The screamin' Soul Preacher said:

Great comps indeed !!! These are more on the roots & country side of lunacy. And I remember you even done a show about this cool serie once but, right now, I'm too dumb to find the link and post it here...

In a similar vein (I mean hillbilly psychos, rednecks on drugs and other kind of maniac cowboys), I'd also recommend the fabulous GOD LESS AMERICA compilation.

swt said:

I love the Twisted Tales from the Vinyl Wastelands series. I wrote about those in my column a few months back

http://steveterrell.blogspot.com/2011/01/terrells-tune-up-twisted-d...

There were 8 volumes then. Since then a 9th has been released. 

• September 27, 2011 1:55 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Oh, on a more 60s vein, how can we have forgotten the fabulous wonderful groovy super great SCUM OF THE EARTH comiplations  ?!??!!???

• September 27, 2011 1:52 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Great comps indeed !!! These are more on the roots & country side of lunacy. And I remember you even done a show about this cool serie once but, right now, I'm too dumb to find the link and post it here...

In a similar vein (I mean hillbilly psychos, rednecks on drugs and other kind of maniac cowboys), I'd also recommend the fabulous GOD LESS AMERICA compilation.

swt said:

I love the Twisted Tales from the Vinyl Wastelands series. I wrote about those in my column a few months back

http://steveterrell.blogspot.com/2011/01/terrells-tune-up-twisted-d...

There were 8 volumes then. Since then a 9th has been released. 

• September 26, 2011 6:36 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

i think retarded vinyl lovers as we are don't buy any CD's. I definitly would like to have some Arf Arf comps but i don't like to buy CD's :-)

I think they could definitly sell these comps on vinyl very good. At least i would buy it on vinyl.

Ohh i'll definitly take a closer look to Mr. Williams page now !!!!!

And yes of course i would be glad to listen to MADAME RITARD...

• September 26, 2011 6:18 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Shall I confess I only buy vinyl too...but still, I have these records somewhere somehow...

About Arf Arf, that's too bad indeed they only release cds. It may have something to do with the expensive cost of pressing vinyls...I don't know...

Anyway, if you already own most of the comps aforementioned, you don't really need the ONLY IN AMERICA cds because they contain many tunes comped elsewhere.

About Mr Williams' page, you do have to dig a bit to find music indeed ! He posts there various kinds of things. Mostly pics of his acrylic portraits, some links to some other blogs and, sometimes, his great comps with his own wonderful artwork ! When you find one, just click on the art, you'll find the link to download.

About MADAME RITARD...since he's done this one a few years ago now, it may be quite hard to find now... Anyway, if you want to get this one the easy way, I could share it with you. Just message me.

Danilo said:

:-) he he, seems i never had a listen to (MADAME RITARD'S HORRORS OF THE WAX MUSEUM & the ARF ARF label compilations) because they are no vinyl records. Always wondering why the ARF ARF label only release CD's and no vinyl.

I know about this flickr page (found it some time ago because of this great pictures) but never was looking for music there. Just had a look again and it seems to be difficult to find any soundfiles or am i just retarded.

Where is the music on this page ? Would love to listen to these compilations !!!

• September 26, 2011 5:39 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

The Surfites said:

kopper said:

I've been hunting for the Big Itch Vol. 1 for years. If anyone has it (and can rip some high-quality MP3s of it), please let me know.

It's available again. I got my copy a couple of years ago from Crypt I think.

Some great comps not mentioned yet:

Have the at the party comps too but the others are abolutely new to me - any chance to get soundfiles of these please ?

• September 26, 2011 5:34 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

:-) he he, seems i never had a listen to (MADAME RITARD'S HORRORS OF THE WAX MUSEUM & the ARF ARF label compilations) because they are no vinyl records. Always wondering why the ARF ARF label only release CD's and no vinyl.

I know about this flickr page (found it some time ago because of this great pictures) but never was looking for music there. Just had a look again and it seems to be difficult to find any soundfiles or am i just retarded.

Where is the music on this page ? Would love to listen to these compilations !!!

• September 26, 2011 5:00 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Oh, nobody has mentioned the ONLY IN AMERICA compilations (on ARF ARF) yet !

• September 26, 2011 4:41 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Danilo said : "by the way i have all of the records mentioned above expect (MADAME RITARD'S HORRORS OF THE WAX MUSEUM)"

Well, maybe it's because it's not really a record...but a "virtual" compilation made by the great JR Williams !

Check around here and you may find some real real treasures if you dig these kind of comps (and I know you do !) coz the man can't stop making wonderful mp3 compilations !!!

• September 26, 2011 12:13 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

yes there are 3 Volumes:

- Four Hairy Policemen

- For Adult Enthusiasts

- Psycho Serenade

Mark George Harrison said:

didnt realise there are 3 wavy gravys, only ever seen two!

Danilo said:

it's just because of time - try to put 3 LP's on 1 CD- this doesn't work

by the way i have all of the records mentioned above expect (MADAME RITARD'S HORRORS OF THE WAX MUSEUM) - i've ripped most of them to my PC a few years ago - drop me a line if you're interested in complete soundfiles

Real Gone Garbage

Swing for a crime

Wavy Gravy 1,2,3

MADNESS INVASION 1,2,3

Blunderbuss 1,2

Tabu

Weirdsville, Wildsville, Wowsville

Mello Jello

Bent Batty & B'noxious

Cough Syrup For Elvis Impersonators

still missing the Mondo Hysterico comps in this thread - also 3 volumes but only have Vol.3 on Vinyl and Vol.1+2 on PC

Frolic Diner (6 Volumes) very close to Las Vegas Grind comps

Big Itch Vol.1-8 are very nice too

and don't forget about the Bug Out Vol.1-3

Lavender Jungle

whoohhaaa so many great music - should be a nearly complete list of everything weird :-)

or did i forget something

• September 26, 2011 8:31 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

didnt realise there are 3 wavy gravys, only ever seen two!

Danilo said:

by the way i have all of the records mentioned above expect (MADAME RITARD'S HORRORS OF THE WAX MUSEUM) - i've ripped most of them to my PC a few years ago - drop me a line if you're interested in complete soundfiles

Real Gone Garbage

Swing for a crime

Wavy Gravy 1,2,3

MADNESS INVASION 1,2,3

Blunderbuss 1,2

Tabu

Mello Jello

Bent Batty & B'noxious

still missing the Mondo Hysterico comps in this thread - also 3 volumes but only have Vol.3 on Vinyl and Vol.1+2 on PC

Lavender Jungle

whoohhaaa so many great music - should be a nearly complete list of everything weird :-)

• September 26, 2011 4:44 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

kopper said:

I've been hunting for the Big Itch Vol. 1 for years. If anyone has it (and can rip some high-quality MP3s of it), please let me know.

It's available again. I got my copy a couple of years ago from Crypt I think.

Some great comps not mentioned yet:

• September 25, 2011 3:22 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Real Gone Garbage

Swing for a crime

Wavy Gravy 1,2,3

MADNESS INVASION 1,2,3

Blunderbuss 1,2

Tabu

Mello Jello

Bent Batty & B'noxious

Lavender Jungle

• September 25, 2011 2:54 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Ive got wavy gravy on vinyl and cd but the cd has half of four hairy policemen on it as well! not sure why they didnt add the whole thing on?

of a similar ilk is 'jungle exotica' on Strip records

• May 12, 2011 10:57 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Do you have MADAME RITARD'S HORRORS OF THE WAX MUSEUM in a file that you could possibly send me It's a great comp
      one of my fav's
    • October 8, 2010 9:31 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Here is another! wavy gravy
    • September 4, 2010 7:31 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Its gonna be a TEENAGE RIOT!
    • July 16, 2010 5:31 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Hi Kopper, let me now if you still looking for Big Itch Vol.1 - can make a rip of my LP if you're interested. Don't miss to take a look to my Wavy Gravy Page ( myspace.com/wavygravyvolumes ). cheers, Danilo kopper said:

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel