Please login or join to use the Hideout!

Forums Rants 'n' Raves Shakin' Street
  • Topic: WAVY GRAVY-type albums

Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • July 13, 2010 7:13 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

The blunderbuss comps are great, and there's good one called 'TABU!' with some rockin' sleazy grooves on it: dave clarke 5 doing chaquita, pygmy by the delegates, very nice!
    • July 12, 2010 7:40 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

i'm running the wavy gravy fan page on myspace (myspace.com/wavygravyvolumes) there you can listen to many comps i've digitized. To name a few: Bent Batty & B'noxious, Weirdsville, Wildsville, Wowsvile, Real Gone Garbage, Cough Syrup For Elvis Impersonators ........
      Some are down at the moment because the player i used for posting them doesn't work anymore but i started reposting the records.
      Take a listen and leave some nice comments !

cheers,
      Danilo
    • June 21, 2010 12:09 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

What's this 2 disc set you speak of Kopper??? I've got 3 volumes on LP, that the same thing??? kopper said:
      It's weird, but the only other comp I can think of (other than WAVY GRAVY) that mixes trailers in with the music is SWING FOR A CRIME. That's the only one that's coming to my mind right now, anyway.

Did anyone mention MADNESS INVASION? That's a great one, too... esp. if you can find the rare 2-disc set.
    • June 20, 2010 5:16 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

It's weird, but the only other comp I can think of (other than WAVY GRAVY) that mixes trailers in with the music is SWING FOR A CRIME. That's the only one that's coming to my mind right now, anyway.

Did anyone mention MADNESS INVASION? That's a great one, too... esp. if you can find the rare 2-disc set.

"Go read a book and flunk a test." -Iggy

• June 18, 2010 7:26 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Judging by the serial number and that Lee Joseph had something to do with starting Romulan, I think Real Gone Garbage came out in 1992, not 1962.
    • June 18, 2010 9:28 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

thank you!
    • June 18, 2010 3:21 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Wow there some records abouve i have never heard of, great gonna check out if I can find them!

These comps are realy great to !!

Twistin' Rumble!!
      The Nasty Rockabilly Comps. (the covers are fantastic!!)
      The Complete Insane Madness Invasion
      Follow That Munster!
      I Hate The Beatles
      I Hate The Beatles Even More
      Jump And Shout
      Las Vegas Grind!
      Savage Kick
      Swing For A Crime
      Too much monkey business
      White Trash Rockers

Girl trash:
      Girls in the garage (best girl comp there is, still missing vol. 6 & 7 on vinyl. And check out there are also to ep's vol. 5,5 & 6,5)
      From The kitchen to the garage
      Girls With Guitars (Ace)
      Destroy That Boy! More Girls With Guitars
      Good Girls Gone Bad (Ace)
      Savage Rockin' Girls

Pre war:
      Flashbacks comps
    • June 18, 2010 2:05 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Thank you Sean !

Well, "THE INTERNATIONAL VICIOUS SOCIETY" serie doesn't mix trailers, novelty songs and savage rockers in the WAVY GRAVY style but it sure mixes insane and retarded songs. It's more focused on the 60s period but mixes various styles from mexican rock'n'roll to french novelty ...

Btw, I'm listening to MADAME RITARD'S HORRORS OF THE WAX MUSEUM right now !
    • June 14, 2010 12:50 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

thanks guys. that's awesome. ALL of those Crypt/Norton/unknown weirdo label albums are incredible. The ones I am seeking are not so much devoted to one particular sound of music(ala LAS VEGAS GRIND) but the ones that will mix trailers, novelty songs and savage rockers in one big mess of insanity.

soul preacher: psycho serenade is definitley one! never heard of "International Vicious Society" , thanks! (btw great show!)

kopper: all of those are monsters, total desert island shit. (btw-great show!!!)

btw anybody have a discograhy for Romulan?
    • June 13, 2010 11:15 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

I'd include the Sin Alley comps, too, by the way. The Desperate Rock'n'Roll comps are great, too. Oh, and It's Finking Time!

• June 13, 2010 11:06 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

I've been hunting for the Big Itch Vol. 1 for years. If anyone has it (and can rip some high-quality MP3s of it), please let me know.

• June 13, 2010 4:58 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

To all these great comps you could add "Cough syrup for Elvis Impersonators" released in 1989 on the BIG GAL label.
      Do you include "Psycho Serenade" in the Wavy Gravy series ? It's great anyway !
      "It's finking time" is a super cool one too but it's more 60's "garage" oriented.
      You could try the "International Vicious Society" serie too,full of international weirdos'n'psychos, on the UNIVERSITY OF VICE record label.
      In a more sleazy, Vegas grind style : "Swing for the crime" on the JAZZBO label.

Cheers !!!
    • June 12, 2010 12:25 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

I have the Forbidden City Dog Food album. It's pretty cool. I was gonna say, I just got one of the Mad Mike comps on Norton. Those are pretty demented.
    • June 11, 2010 11:01 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Forbidden City Dog Food - This was supposedly one of several tapes that Lux Interior made for friends. Howie Pyro and/or Kogar the Swingin' Ape would know all about it. Axe em!
      Yah-Yah
    • June 11, 2010 5:26 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Here's a few i dug outta my collection that you might dig, but might be just about impossible to find these days:

Ho-Dad Hootenanny! it's on the Ho-Dad label...fucked up trash'n'roll from the late 50's to mid 60's
      Teen-age Riot! on the Atomic Passion 1957 label.....fucked up trash'n'roll from the late 50's to early 60's including Kip Tyler's Jungle Rock
      Real Gone Garbage...on the Romulan label...trash from the late 50's to early 60's
      Bent, Batty and 'Bnoxious! on the Torture One label....fucked up trash....late 50's to mid 60's
      The Madness Invasion....on the GMG label outta France and there's at least 3 volumes....noisey trash'n'roll of the early 60's

All the above i've got on vinyl, probably got them in the mid 80's or thereabouts....got tons more, but these are sorta cream of the crop for this kinda noise.

and if you like this kinda stuff, Norton has the 3 Volume Mad Mike Monsters on LP that is well worth picking up...as always, way more liners than you can read while you spin the disc and shake your ass and spill your beer!
    • June 11, 2010 2:53 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

I knew I spelled that wrong. Ha!
    • June 11, 2010 4:25 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

yes, LOOKEY DOOKEY is definately an album, but it's more like SHAKIN' FIT than WAVY GRAVY. the catalogs/websites are a help, I just wanted to see if anyone could add some titles I might have missed.
    • June 11, 2010 4:01 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Geez, the only thing I can think of is checking out the Norton and Crypt catalogs. Mostly because the Big Itch is the only thing that comes to mind. I think you mentioned Looky Dookie (?) on that Skynnard thread. But to be honest that might not be a record. But for some reason it sounds right.

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel