Please login or join to use the Hideout!

Forums Rants 'n' Raves Shakin' Street
  • Topic: Anybody on here think OASIS is a great band?

Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • June 3, 2010 10:17 AM CDT
    • Untitled

im slightly ashamed to admit that i like oasis... every other big "rock star" band i reallly do fucking hate but there is something about oasis that i like. And i do realise this is the wrong place to discuss such a band,,, but i think they made some mint tunes.of course they made alot of shite as well but there are at least id say 15 tunes that i think are dead good. maybe its just cos im from manchester... the importance of being idle i proper dig that tune. they are pretty much the only massive mainstream band i like so please dont start saying "ooooo u tit" or anything. i cant help it oasis just sound good to me. the first album and some of their ealry b sides i reckon is their best stuff..... ANYBODY ELSE FEEL THE SAME OR DO YOU ALL HATE it?????
    • June 7, 2010 4:45 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

really great band, for sure!!!
    • June 6, 2010 6:59 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

I only like one of their songs... and it's "Sunday Morning Call".
    • June 6, 2010 6:57 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        1 0

Untitled

Definitely Maybe has a few great tunes, like "Rock n Roll Star" and "Live Forever", but overall, I'd say that What's the Story Morning Glory was better overall. Regardless, I haven't listened to either of these albums in years. OCEAN PALACE said:
      i agree with you there,,, dont like standing on shoulder of giants either, more than anything its very boring.... some on their early b sides i think are actually better than the album stuff,, "listen up" one of my favourites,,, definitly maybe is still the best they done i reckon
    • June 6, 2010 4:15 PM CDT
    • Untitled

No matter how sad my music is, I have a policy of not chucking out anything. It brings me face to face with the turd that I use to be. And that turd use to like Oasis a lot. They have some pretty sound music but Standing on the Shoulders of Giants is in my collection and must be down there with the worst of my records. Alex said:
      I've gotten rid of a lot of the crap I used to listen to growing up (trust me, it's some pretty embarassing crap that I wonder how I ever liked), but Oasis is one of those bands I could never bring myself to get rid of their albums. OCEAN PALACE said it right... definitely a 60's British invasion vibe. Maybe that's why it's catchy. Obviously some of the stuff isn't the best, but it's pretty decent music. Saw them live in 2005 and they closed with a nice cover of "My Generation", so they definitely know their stuff. And of course, you've gotta love the Brothers Gallagher and their antics. That's what makes for a great band!
    • June 6, 2010 8:56 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        1 0

Untitled

I've gotten rid of a lot of the crap I used to listen to growing up (trust me, it's some pretty embarassing crap that I wonder how I ever liked), but Oasis is one of those bands I could never bring myself to get rid of their albums. OCEAN PALACE said it right... definitely a 60's British invasion vibe. Maybe that's why it's catchy. Obviously some of the stuff isn't the best, but it's pretty decent music. Saw them live in 2005 and they closed with a nice cover of "My Generation", so they definitely know their stuff. And of course, you've gotta love the Brothers Gallagher and their antics. That's what makes for a great band!
    • June 5, 2010 9:03 AM CDT
    • Untitled

I bought a bog box of cassette tapes at a yard sale about 8 years ago, one of theirs was in there, I found it interesting enough to play a few times in the car, but that was as far as my interest in them went.
    • June 4, 2010 10:57 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Never cared for 'em at all. I just never understood the attraction, especially when there are so many other better and more deserving bands to like and/or discuss. Just my two cents.

"Go read a book and flunk a test." -Iggy

• June 4, 2010 7:07 PM CDT
    • Untitled

I have to say that given the chance I would get into a punch up with them. why? because I think they'd like it as much as I would! ;-)

Personally I think their music sucks but I like their attitude and I fully endorse what Michael said above; it's pretty silly to judge people on what they listen too.
    • June 3, 2010 1:28 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

I've never heard 'em. But, more importantly, never be ashamed of what bands you dig! No apologies are necessary for that.
    • June 3, 2010 11:24 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

I kinda like Oasis too....as far as current (if they still are around) bands go, they are better than pretty well anything on the major labels. Plus they have some pretty cool songs and they certainly have the attitude. But saying that, it's not something i listen to very often...but when the mood strikes, they fit.
    • June 3, 2010 10:36 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Yes I like them very much though I prefer the firsts albums..especially in singles outtakes
      there was their best stuff for me.
      The one with that Slade cover "Cum on feel the noize" or "D'you know what I mean".
      Love their wall-of-guitar sound.there's a great work behind..
      I like Blur too,"Modern life is rubbish" is a great album.
      OK,this bands are sold to business but their music is not so far from Stones,Who,Small Faces and 60's..

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel