Please login or join to use the Hideout!

Forums Rants 'n' Raves Shakin' Street
  • Topic: THE WHO: a quick one...

Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • June 2, 2010 1:55 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

having a really bad day.

this cheers me up.

it sat in the rolling stones vault for 30 years

unreleased because this performance totally upstaged

everyone else....especially the stones...who were off...with a totally spaced out

brian jones.

a shining perfect moment captured in time. im pretty sure im in love with keith moon.

i think he invented head banging in this performance. pete looks like he could snap at any moment at

the end. roger is a golden god...and even john seems to be having a ton of fun.

oh the majesty!...i still get chills after 100 views

enjoy people.... enjoy

ben.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-3099526434105125496#

(TRIED EMBED CODE....DIDN'T WORK)
    • June 30, 2010 6:33 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

I'm also a big whiner though and a bit of a loser. Most of my time is spent arguing with others instead of doing music. Hey, thanks for liking my band and sound. OCEAN PALACE said:
      i looked rockin rod up on google and he is in a band, the band sound good as well. The who though are mint. who is gonna win the world cup?

Rockin Rod Strychnine said:
      Why don't you look me up in google. I really don't have time to reference myself.

Ross Jesus Navaro Richards said:
      OH dear.. ROCKIN ROD SAID... ''Ok, I've never seen it and I really don't like it when people assume that everybody here has seen and heard everything and know every little thing about culture.'' ETC ETC... M8.. get off yer high horse.. what the fuck are u talkin about>!>!>! Im just talkin, throwin in names... jesus. oh theres one, he was a dude from long time back, long hair and supposedly done tons o shit,, check him out!

M8, u can always not get involved, u know... not reply.. I cant be bothered with your hang ups.. Is this site so weird people have to attack anything that doesnt turn clockwise in their world.. who are you anyway?
    • June 30, 2010 5:53 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Why don't you look me up in google. I really don't have time to reference myself. Ross Jesus Navaro Richards said:
      OH dear.. ROCKIN ROD SAID... ''Ok, I've never seen it and I really don't like it when people assume that everybody here has seen and heard everything and know every little thing about culture.'' ETC ETC... M8.. get off yer high horse.. what the fuck are u talkin about>!>!>! Im just talkin, throwin in names... jesus. oh theres one, he was a dude from long time back, long hair and supposedly done tons o shit,, check him out!

M8, u can always not get involved, u know... not reply.. I cant be bothered with your hang ups.. Is this site so weird people have to attack anything that doesnt turn clockwise in their world.. who are you anyway?
    • June 30, 2010 6:41 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

I remember watching the dvd with my sister, who's a huge stones fan, myself being a huge Who fan. Despite my constant taunting and razzing, when the Who hit the screen she was blown away and admitted they were amazing and that the stones must've shitted themselves seeing them (which is what happened).
    • June 30, 2010 4:47 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

• June 29, 2010 10:19 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Ok, I've never seen it and I really don't like it when people assume that everybody here has seen and heard everything and know every little thing about culture. So far, most everybody here doesn't assume that and usually even asks if anybody's heard this or that or seen this or that. I'm sorry but you seem to have a habvit so far of thinking that EVERYBODY knows what you're talking about...like that Edward Elger comment. I don't know who the hell he is or was, but Benjamin was cool to get a wikipedia link going so now I know, but even he was like "is this the right guy?" C'mon! Reference your posts! Ross Jesus Navaro Richards said:
      jagger has demon tattoos on the rocknroll circus set, he pulls his shirt off during synpathy for the devil, near the end, and said tattoos dance. it's actually realy cool..
    • June 29, 2010 2:38 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

jagger has demon tattoos on the rocknroll circus set, he pulls his shirt off during synpathy for the devil, near the end, and said tattoos dance. it's actually realy cool..
    • June 28, 2010 3:37 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Can you reference what your talking about? I've never seen anytthing where there are demon tattoos on Mick Jagger's body. Ross Jesus Navaro Richards said:
      Yes sir! thats him, and although not as punk as other pre birthed, he had it tight enough to say fuck u! With punk attitude in the mind, he wrote a lil' piece called the wagon, i think at less than 1.40 minutes long, a celebration of childhood. A reflection perhaps, Its in Nursery Suite..
      The stones recorded quite alot for the show, truth be told it is crap! The tapes circulating are hard evidence, But that bit when jagger pulls of his shirt to see devil tattoos and demons over his body is fuckin god like! Punk as!
    • June 28, 2010 1:43 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Yes sir! thats him, and although not as punk as other pre birthed, he had it tight enough to say fuck u! With punk attitude in the mind, he wrote a lil' piece called the wagon, i think at less than 1.40 minutes long, a celebration of childhood. A reflection perhaps, Its in Nursery Suite..
      The stones recorded quite alot for the show, truth be told it is crap! The tapes circulating are hard evidence, But that bit when jagger pulls of his shirt to see devil tattoos and demons over his body is fuckin god like! Punk as!
    • June 28, 2010 11:00 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

I can dig what you are saying man... do you mean this edward elgar: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edward_Elgar ? Ross Jesus Navaro Richards said:
      Keith Moon often rambled about speaking with the horned one, on the other hand, said horned one is afraid of keef Richards. I was too young at the time, and in a different country, But what i see now is, the who were punk, like Kinks, but the stones were dangerous.. A different kind of threat. And what about Edward Elgar.. first English punk? Two fingers up to everything...
    • June 28, 2010 8:07 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Keith Moon often rambled about speaking with the horned one, on the other hand, said horned one is afraid of keef Richards. I was too young at the time, and in a different country, But what i see now is, the who were punk, like Kinks, but the stones were dangerous.. A different kind of threat. And what about Edward Elgar.. first English punk? Two fingers up to everything...
    • June 8, 2010 6:05 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

"two words: KEITH RICHARDS. he'd punch a real hippie in the face."

Ha ha! Can't argue with that!!
    • June 8, 2010 1:53 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

i prefer the beatles version....personally..

but i think the stones were proto-punk...like the VU or the doors.....mick used his voice to irritate you a bit...ya know..kinda caustic....that swagger...attitude...they were only down with the hippie thing (altamont for chrissakes!) to sell records...they were punk...take all ya can....give nuthin back. they were down with the 666, possibly killed brian jones. two words: KEITH RICHARDS. he'd punch a real hippie in the face.
    • June 8, 2010 1:22 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

I don't know about that. I think TOMMY is a major hippie statement even if it doesn't sound like one. What about the Stones' version of I Wanna Be Your Man. I don't think any of the others would have existed without that one. Gringo Starr said:
      Dude - The Who doing anything blows away Sympathy --- But that's just my opinion. I really like the Stones but I love The Who --The Who are GaragePunk and the Stones are Hippies.
    • June 4, 2010 12:09 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

hahaha ! benjamin zehner said:
      "hope i die before i get old."

"what a drag it is getting old."

yup....pretty much
    • June 4, 2010 9:17 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

"hope i die before i get old."

"what a drag it is getting old."

yup....pretty much
    • June 4, 2010 9:07 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

YES!!! Gringo Starr said:
      Dude - The Who doing anything blows away Sympathy --- But that's just my opinion. I really like the Stones but I love The Who --The Who are GaragePunk and the Stones are Hippies.
    • June 3, 2010 11:56 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

And now, the who as the stones are shit ! Gringo Starr said:
    • June 3, 2010 9:44 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

• June 3, 2010 2:11 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

i've got a lot of fun to watch again that stuff... i love the stones "sympathy for the devil" at the rock'n'roll circus... in the same way, the "sympathy..." in hyde park (a 1969' video) is great too !
    • June 3, 2010 12:57 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

I believe The Who's management suggested that the show be released as 'The Who's Rock n' Roll Circus - guest starring The Rolling Stones' - but the Stones declined...whatever, The Who completely blew them out of their own circus tent
    • June 3, 2010 10:19 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

great stuff right!?!.....the forgiven part is so amazing....totally an anti-church reference. classic
    • June 3, 2010 8:12 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

This was their first mini Rock Opera. Kit Lambert pushed Pete into writing something other than a one-minute pop song and this was the result. You are forgiv-en!!!!!

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel