Please login or join to use the Hideout!

Forums Rants 'n' Raves Shakin' Street
  • Topic: Band settings (stooges, ramones...)

Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • June 1, 2010 3:53 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Hey i would like to hear your opinions about amp settings to get the sound of some bands.
      Stooges
      Ramones
      Siouxie
      Black Flag
      Clash
      and the sound of clapton while he was in Cream.
      If you have got close to these sounds please tell me what you did.

• June 8, 2010 1:07 AM CDT
    • Untitled

You can cop a very close Cream guitar tone or the "woman tone" as the corksniffers call it by using a fuzz face while on your neck pickup with the tone control on the guitar wound a fair way back. Giannis KRI said:
      With cream he used the sg painted by the fool.He used also the es some times.He said that he only used his wah and no more effects.Just guitar-wah-amp.I dont know if it's true,that's what he said.We are covering it with my band and i am trying to achieve the sound but i haven't yet.If i will i'll tell you,and if you will, tell me.

Gonzo said:
      I think Clapton played an ES335, strat & probably a les paul in the cream era. Also played marshall stacks...possibly blues breakers aswell. He would of used your average fuzzes like Fuzz Faces, Tone Benders aswell as Vox Wahs etc. I'd like to know how that fuzz was acheived on Wanna Be Dog by The Stooges. One of the best fuzz tones I've heard.
    • June 7, 2010 4:43 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

With cream he used the sg painted by the fool.He used also the es some times.He said that he only used his wah and no more effects.Just guitar-wah-amp.I dont know if it's true,that's what he said.We are covering it with my band and i am trying to achieve the sound but i haven't yet.If i will i'll tell you,and if you will, tell me. Gonzo said:
      I think Clapton played an ES335, strat & probably a les paul in the cream era. Also played marshall stacks...possibly blues breakers aswell. He would of used your average fuzzes like Fuzz Faces, Tone Benders aswell as Vox Wahs etc. I'd like to know how that fuzz was acheived on Wanna Be Dog by The Stooges. One of the best fuzz tones I've heard.
    • June 7, 2010 2:36 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

• June 6, 2010 5:13 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

O thanks man.Cool. FREDDI said:
      Example: Cream At the royal Albert hall (page 182):

Black Fender Strat with noiseless pickups and a maple neck (another black Strat with Lace Sensor pickups).

Jim Dunlop strap locks.

Fender '57 tweed Twin amp, in a stack, with a spare on top (only used on “Sunshine Of Your Love”) and a Leslie speaker.

The Leslie had a separate preamp, used to balance out tone and volumes with the amp when used together.

He also had a Dunlop wah-wah pedal in line.

His wireless system was the Samson Synth 6 system, with packs powered by 2 AA batteries. This ran to the input of his foot-switching unit through a Zaola cable from the cannon out on the Samson.

His guitar straps were by Ernie Ball, as were his picks and his strings (''Slinkys'' 10 13 17 26 36 46 gauges).

Guitar stands by Tama.

This information was graciously provided by Eric's guitar technician Lee Dickson.

http://www.cream2005.com/thereunion.lasso
    • June 6, 2010 3:44 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Example: Cream At the royal Albert hall (page 182): Black Fender Strat with noiseless pickups and a maple neck (another black Strat with Lace Sensor pickups). Jim Dunlop strap locks. Fender '57 tweed Twin amp, in a stack, with a spare on top (only used on “Sunshine Of Your Love”) and a Leslie speaker. The Leslie had a separate preamp, used to balance out tone and volumes with the amp when used together. He also had a Dunlop wah-wah pedal in line. His wireless system was the Samson Synth 6 system, with packs powered by 2 AA batteries. This ran to the input of his foot-switching unit through a Zaola cable from the cannon out on the Samson. His guitar straps were by Ernie Ball, as were his picks and his strings (''Slinkys'' 10 13 17 26 36 46 gauges). Guitar stands by Tama. This information was graciously provided by Eric's guitar technician Lee Dickson. http://www.cream2005.com/thereunion.lasso
    • June 6, 2010 3:39 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

The site is french-spoken...anyway,the link connect you to the first page. If you scroll it, you will see a long list of artists,lots of ones you mentioned. Beside each one you will see one or more numbers;this is the page's number. So you take the one you're interested in and fill it in the window search (high on the right). It will connect on the forum's page where the topic is about. Cheers- Giannis KRI said:
      Thanls man.But i don't understand anything from this site.I don't speak italian.Anyway thanks for the try.

FREDDI said:
      Settings about amps?
      I think you only can trust your ears..well, any amp or guit has its own
      peculiar sounds but take a look of wich models they used if you want to get closer.
      And what you hear from the record is a studio result not easy to reproduce in live.
      The band you mentioned don't have just one sound
      (Stooges change at every album,Clash had one for every song)

Here is a link to an interesting site about gears:
      http://www.guitariste.com/forums/pedales-effets-homestudio,le-mater...
    • June 5, 2010 11:09 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Thanls man.But i don't understand anything from this site.I don't speak italian.Anyway thanks for the try. FREDDI said:
      Settings about amps?
      I think you only can trust your ears..well, any amp or guit has its own
      peculiar sounds but take a look of wich models they used if you want to get closer.
      And what you hear from the record is a studio result not easy to reproduce in live.
      The band you mentioned don't have just one sound
      (Stooges change at every album,Clash had one for every song)

Here is a link to an interesting site about gears:
      http://www.guitariste.com/forums/pedales-effets-homestudio,le-mater...

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel