Please login or join to use the Hideout!

Forums Rants 'n' Raves Shakin' Street
  • Topic: Getting records made: anyone tried Mobineko for 7"s?

Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • May 13, 2010 5:23 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

We're getting a 7" pressed and looking for the best place to get it done - found a few places that seem pretty cheap and wondered if anyone had used any of them and got good or bad stuff to say? Looked at curved Pressings, disc manufacturing services, pure music, united records and mobineko... anyone got anything pressed by any of these?
    • June 28, 2010 4:06 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Went with Curved pressings in the end, wee bit more expensive than sending off to United but they're based in the UK - just got the test pressings and they sound good!
    • June 27, 2010 9:05 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

United has done me right a couple times...Look for Specials to save $$$$. But, Musicol has done me right as well and I like their mastering in comparison. Both take about the same amount of time! Both are equally trustworthy, but follow their instructions carefully! Remember to master to vinyl specifications/frequencies to avoid major headaches and heartbreak!
    • June 24, 2010 7:28 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Mole said:
      State Records had stuff done by GZ in Czech Republic and DMS [who use GZ!]; strangely DMS were cheaper than going direct to GZ. No problems with their output so far, seem like decent DMM cuts, sleeves are good quality. Very fast turnaround - both occasions I've used them, we had the finished product within 3 weeks of sending off the masters and artwork! 500 45s in full colour sleeve was about £750.
      Yeah, I've heard you're not supposed to go directly through GZ for that very reason. In the States, Pirate's Press in SF is the service to use if you want it pressed at GZ. But IMHO it's just too expensive (they use virgin vinyl, though, so the quality can't be beat)... unless you're a larger label and can guarantee a lot of sales, most bands won't be able to afford it. Has anyone tried Furnace MFG? Just curious... a friend was inquiring about this same thing on Facebook today.

"Go read a book and flunk a test." -Iggy

• May 23, 2010 5:23 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

There is also Duophonic in Germany. As cheap as GZ but much better to communicate with. They also have specials from time to time. I love these guys so check 'em out.
    • May 20, 2010 3:10 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

There's a topic about this in the Labels & Distros group, too.

"Go read a book and flunk a test." -Iggy

• May 15, 2010 5:24 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

I would suggest checking out Musicol. I does take awhile to get your records, probably around 3 months total. Good product though.
    • May 14, 2010 11:32 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

I know some friends of mine have used United. I think they had a few issues with them. I'll have to ask about the details.
    • May 14, 2010 8:23 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        1 0

Untitled

State Records had stuff done by GZ in Czech Republic and DMS [who use GZ!]; strangely DMS were cheaper than going direct to GZ. No problems with their output so far, seem like decent DMM cuts, sleeves are good quality. Very fast turnaround - both occasions I've used them, we had the finished product within 3 weeks of sending off the masters and artwork! 500 45s in full colour sleeve was about £750.

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel