Please login or join to use the Hideout!

Forums Rants 'n' Raves Shakin' Street
  • Topic: garage punk/primitive rock 'n roll thread from guitargeek.com

Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • April 19, 2010 1:35 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

I just stumbled across this old guitargeek.com forum thread asking for the best garage punk & primitive rock 'n roll rig. Being interested in guitar gear old and new I thought I would repost here and see if anyone wants to weigh in.

http://guitargeek.com/chat//showthread.php?t=79323
    • May 10, 2010 12:10 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

get a silvertone twin twelve
      a teisco or some other cheap japanese guitar
      and maybe a maestro fuzztone
    • May 9, 2010 3:51 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Very cool. A friend of mine has a Epi Dot and it sounds great. I've been tempted to get one of those Berhinger VIntage Distortions. Supposedly they're okay Big Muff clones. I'm not sure if a Big Muff is really something I want so I'm thinking that might be a good option just to try out. Speaking of guitar parts, does anyone a good source for Harmony parts? I need to get some new tuners for an old Harmony Bobkat. I'd like to keep the look of the old ones. SCxMS said:
      I play a Epiphone Dot Deluxxe with a Bigsby added through a Bessinger Blues Overdrive through a Fender Blues Deluxe. It gets great sound, not too sure haow it stacks up for a total '50's feel, but it cranks.
    • May 9, 2010 9:45 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

I play a Epiphone Dot Deluxxe with a Bigsby added through a Bessinger Blues Overdrive through a Fender Blues Deluxe. It gets great sound, not too sure haow it stacks up for a total '50's feel, but it cranks.
    • May 7, 2010 6:00 PM CDT
    • Untitled

I would send them an email to see if they're open or not. There's an amazing amount of parts there for hofner's. Pat said:
      Speaking of garage guitar, i have a hofner colorama to rebuild, does anyone have some hofner parts to sell/trade ?

I need a Colorama scratch plate, one pick up version 1 and a Hofner Diamond Top Six String Pick Up ... I don't really know how to stick the vinyl surface on the guitar body, it seems hard to do right for non-professional.
      This sites seems to provide hofner parts but i never try to order (the site looks old) : http://www.projectguitarparts.co.uk
    • April 20, 2010 5:03 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Speaking of garage guitar, i have a hofner colorama to rebuild, does anyone have some hofner parts to sell/trade ? I need a Colorama scratch plate, one pick up version 1 and a Hofner Diamond Top Six String Pick Up ... I don't really know how to stick the vinyl surface on the guitar body, it seems hard to do right for non-professional. This sites seems to provide hofner parts but i never try to order (the site looks old) : http://www.projectguitarparts.co.uk

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel