Please login or join to use the Hideout!

Forums Rants 'n' Raves Shakin' Street
  • Topic: Best outboard reverb?

Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • March 24, 2010 9:59 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Well,I got my digital "Holy Grail" EHX, that sounds good enough for me,
      but I never played with a Tube unit reverb,and I think it can't compare.
      There are some analog spring pedals (Danelectro,Lanilei etc.) that some says are good too.
      But the difference of an old or new unit sounds,it worth their price?

• September 16, 2011 1:14 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

I used the Boss 63 for some time and though the reverb  was great the pedal was colouring the tone waaay too much for my taste. It seems two of the best pedals coming close to the real deal are the Wampler Spring Reverb and Solid Gold's Surf Rider. Has anyone played them?
    • September 15, 2011 2:37 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

The Danelectro Spring King is NOT a genuine spring reverb. The reverb on it is actually a digital recreation. The internal spring only serves to make the crashing nose that occours when you hit the pad.

dying slowly said:

if/when i need an outboard id get an original '63 fender one or if i couldn't get hold of a good condition (ie working ,aestheticly i thing scratches and tears and a certain garagey somthhing) id buy the reissue or id look into the danolectro spring king ,whicch is a genuine ,albiet miniturised , spring reverb in a pedal about a standard depth /hieghy and about as wide as 2 or 3 boss pedals ,plus it has kick pad that when you step on it makes the explosive sound you get from kicking a full sized one

• September 15, 2011 2:31 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

The Boss RV 5 pedal is the best cheaper guy you can get for my opinion. Dig him more than EHX-Holy Grail and Digitech Digiverb.. But just get a fender amp man...
    • September 12, 2011 12:13 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Mel,

I use one of the Boss/Fender FRV-1 pedals as well and can not recommend them more. They aren't 100% accurate to the old 63 outboard units but are damn close and substantially cheaper. Even more, they are a lot less fragile.

Mel Bergman said:

All,

Having tried many reverbs through the years, I think the new Boss/Fender pedal is the best at recreating an old outboard Fender. And as a bonus, it runs on a 9v battery, which is great for traveling overseas. Danelectro- JUnk. Holy grail, okay, but not lacks that certain something. I remember building a small box with the guts of a 64 reverb and a tiny accutronix pan, just to get something I could take on a Plane. Imagine trying that now, post 9/11.

Mel
      Phantom Surfers

Mel
      Phantom Surfers
    • August 30, 2011 2:24 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

if/when i need an outboard id get an original '63 fender one or if i couldn't get hold of a good condition (ie working ,aestheticly i thing scratches and tears and a certain garagey somthhing) id buy the reissue or id look into the danolectro spring king ,whicch is a genuine ,albiet miniturised , spring reverb in a pedal about a standard depth /hieghy and about as wide as 2 or 3 boss pedals ,plus it has kick pad that when you step on it makes the explosive sound you get from kicking a full sized one

• April 1, 2010 8:20 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Hi,Mardy, well,let me know if you try this.. High Lord Mardy Pune said:
      Thanks for that Freddi.

FREDDI said:
      Check this interesting mod/kit to convert a Epiphone valve JR into a Reverb unit

• March 27, 2010 6:46 PM CDT
    • Untitled

Thanks for that Freddi. FREDDI said:
      Check this interesting mod/kit to convert a Epiphone valve JR into a Reverb unit

• March 25, 2010 12:45 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Good,but is it a new one? Here in Italy is available just now. I think I'll check it. Maybe with a Boss Bassman emulator:all the gear in a pocket! :D :D Mel Bergman said:
      All,

Having tried many reverbs through the years, I think the new Boss/Fender pedal is the best at recreating an old outboard Fender. And as a bonus, it runs on a 9v battery, which is great for traveling overseas. Danelectro- JUnk. Holy grail, okay, but not lacks that certain something. I remember building a small box with the guts of a 64 reverb and a tiny accutronix pan, just to get something I could take on a Plane. Imagine trying that now, post 9/11.

Mel
      Phantom Surfers

Mel
      Phantom Surfers
    • March 25, 2010 9:49 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

All,

Mel
      Phantom Surfers

Mel
      Phantom Surfers
    • March 25, 2010 12:02 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

• March 24, 2010 10:28 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

I have to say that aside from the original 60's Fender Reverb Units, hands down the absolute best available right now is the Gomez G-Spring reverb. This is the real deal, built to Fender's point to point specs and it is simply unbelievable. I would never, ever part with mine! http://www.gomezamps.com/g-spring.html

• March 24, 2010 10:12 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Worth the money?? YEEEEESSS!!!
      ..no, seriously. There's nothing like a true tube reverb. If you don't wanna get an original Fender one I would recommend "Kendrick". These sometimes appear on ebay (like right now! See pics) for not too heavy prices. I got one and I love it. It turns every club into a huge wet surf cave.

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel