Please login or join to use the Hideout!

Forums Rants 'n' Raves Shakin' Street
  • Topic: Share your most memorable "almost had it" finds

Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • February 21, 2010 7:16 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Records, guitars,cars,girls and guys. If your like me those tough to forget "I was that close" memories of something special getting away are stuck like glue. Share the pain and maybe share a laugh. As Screamin Jay Hawkins said so wisely "Let it go, let go, let it go" from the song "Constipation Blues"
    • February 21, 2010 8:12 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Not high on my list but a nice first pitch. A friend introduced me to Johnny Bolin(Black Oak Arkansa drummer) brother to Tommy Bolin the guitarist. For those that might need a short background on Tommy, Jeff Beck said he was the most naturally gifted player he knew of. Anyway Johnny was eager to entertain because Glen Buxton (guitarist, founder of Alice Cooper Band) had come along with me. After Johnnies gig was over that night he invited us over, as I walk in his porch I see the speakers I lusted after back in 1975-ESS known for their pleated ribbon mid-tweets, hot shit then and $$ now). I told him the story and said he had a buyer if he ever wanted to sell them. He said I could have them for $150 "sold" as he opens the front door he tells me they were Tommy's-----instant boner---and that he was keeping the other two in the basement. So Tommy went quad in 75, as Glen and Johnny shoot it I'm thinkin SWEET, the buzz was killed several minutes later when Johnny said he wanted to think about it for a day or two. A related trivia nugget, when Richie Blackmore took time off from Deep Purple Tommy stepped in. The Purple's manager had been close to Jimi Hendrix and had his ring which he placed on Tommy's finger at his funeral.
    • February 21, 2010 8:07 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

10 Years ago was after a Farfisa Professional and came across a Farfisa Compact via telephone to music store interstate. I knew nothing about the Compact at the time and thought it looked like a kids toy and sounded awful over the phone..so I passed it up..duh!!

The asking price $150..A cheap compact ...priceless ..turning it down..bloody stupid!

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel