Please login or join to use the Hideout!

Forums Rants 'n' Raves Shakin' Street
  • Topic: I want a fuzz pedal!

Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • February 13, 2010 11:06 PM CST
    • Untitled

So I reall want a pedal, but I'm the kind of consumer who must be more than certain when he buys something.
      I want a sound with as much abrasive trebble as possible, but I still want to use the more bass-filled fuzz sound once in a while. And I ain't got much means.
      Also, what do you think of the Big Muff? Somewhat cheap, sounds ok, but what else could there be?

• February 26, 2010 6:51 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

I'm a big fan of Univox Superfuzz. Or some clone, like the Dice Works Dice-O-Matic.
      Probably not the hard-hitting fuzz ever, but sounds excellent in the mix and it's super as a booster.
      Just my 2 cents
    • February 23, 2010 8:15 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

I got a used BOSS Blues Driver and a BD-2 mod kit form Monte Allum mods, and ended up with a real nice sounding fuzz type overdrive on the cheap. Modding the circuit board of a pedal requires a few tools and a little bit of electronics knowledge, but you can get a boutique quality pedal like the ones that cost hundreds for next to nothing.
    • February 15, 2010 5:44 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

I recently bought the Skinface fuzz from these guys ->http://circuitbentlasergun.com and apart from a little hassle finding the sound i wanted, I must admit i'm pretty satisfied with it considering being a real budget pedal.. Next one i buy will be a Vox Tonebender!
    • February 15, 2010 1:47 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Yeah why isn't it cheap to make garage music anymore? It's way too expensive to get a Bee Baa or Maestro, Tonebender, Fuzzrite etc. The cheapest cool looking one I know besides making one would be the Ashbass Fuzzbrite. But $115 still isn't cheap to me. I thinks that's what the price is.

I don't know why some company like danelectro won't fill this obvious void. It can't be that hard to make say a simple fuzzrite clone, or maestro clone with silicon to cut the costs a bit.

I'm going to try to make one soon. Most likely a fuzzrite.
    • February 15, 2010 1:12 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

My idea of fuzz guitar sound is always been the Stones "Satisfaction" intro that all say it's done with a Gibson Maestro Fuzz.I've never found this rare relic,so I try different kind of fuzz but most have a Hendrix/Cream/Blue Cheer alike results.Many people say that transistors make the differences,the first fuzz as Maestro or Vox Tonebender used germanium transistor instead of silicon transistors employed by following fuzzes generation.I never tried the EHX Germanium OD but listening to some samples it seems to me havin' a good idea of fuzz, though it is very expensive.
    • February 14, 2010 11:05 PM CST
    • Untitled

Love the Big Muff, but never on guitar I use it on bass. The problem with them is they do tend to get lost in the mix live due to their big ass fat bottom end response but this is generally due to the sound guy not paying attention. They also tend to sound a bit compressed. You might want to try the different types that EHX offers. They're really big on reissuing the different types at the mo. The BeeBaa is a good suggestion but getting one cheap just won't happen unless yer one of lucky people who find cool stuff for nothing in pawn shops. You could look for a second hand fuzz face cheap on Craig list. Or you could build one from a kit if you can solder http://www.buildyourownclone.com/index1.html
    • February 14, 2010 6:52 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

once in a while there will be a guy who can build you one of these on craigslist cheap
    • February 14, 2010 6:28 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

get an acetone fuzzmaster or a roland bee baa

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel