Please login or join to use the Hideout!

Forums Rants 'n' Raves Shakin' Street
  • Topic: Anyone else checked out eBandaGoGo?

Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • January 29, 2010 8:07 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

We just set up a page for our band on eBandaGoGo. I was really impressed by the number of quality garage rock & punk bands that have already found it. Looks like they've been doing a lot to promote the site to the right people. It doesn't quite have all the bells & whistles that the Hideout does, but it's still pretty cool and a good place for bands to network with other bands.

Any other bands here use it? If so, post your links!
    • March 2, 2011 7:43 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

I just set up a profile for my band The Jackets. It's pretty cool having a band networking site exclusively dedicated to Rock and Roll and Garage but the site is lacking a few things in my opinion - like a forum! I also found it strange that labels can create special pages but there doesn't seem to be a way to search all labels. 

http://www.ebandagogo.com/The_Jackets//

• March 1, 2011 3:04 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

How about Bandcamp..? (Any disadvantages to it vs. eBandaGoGo..?)
    • January 31, 2010 4:32 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

PS-of course we did the cd recording off of the vinyl test pressing and we will do the vinyl on a limited run as well.
      cheers!
    • January 31, 2010 4:30 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

yeah it's four and then you have to pay which is still pretty cool. I like to give the majority of my stuff away if it is a digital download. I set my songs for a dollar a piece just to see how they work when people buy them. I'll end up changing it back to free tomorrow. The CD single with all the really cool artwork is coming out next week. So if you want a copy of the cd free of charge let me know. I'd love to send one to you and the cd is gonna be a special limited production of 250. Mal Thursday said:
      Thanks, I figured it out. It's limited to five items (I think you gotta pay to add more), but I added a representative selection from The Malarians Swag Shack

I thought you could also upload five mp3s, but it only let me do four.
    • January 31, 2010 1:15 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Thanks, I figured it out. It's limited to five items (I think you gotta pay to add more), but I added a representative selection from The Malarians Swag Shack I thought you could also upload five mp3s, but it only let me do four.
    • January 31, 2010 1:12 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

ok mal go to the control panel or room or whatever they call it and move the mouse over the store tab. It should say create item. then you put the title such as "tour t-shirt" and a description. then you set the price and handling cost. put up an image and there you have it. Still don't know exactly how it all works but I'm learning. If you have any other questions ask. I know someone that is buying two of my songs today so i told them to call me when they do so I can hear some feedback on how "user friendly" it is. Mal Thursday said:
      The Mean Mean Men said:
      we joined and like the fact that it is pretty genre specific. Plus you can create your own items for merch. and that's pretty cool too.

I set up a page for my band, the Malarians (http://www.ebandagogo.com/The_Malarians/), but how and where do you do the merch thing?

• January 31, 2010 10:44 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

The Mean Mean Men said:
      we joined and like the fact that it is pretty genre specific. Plus you can create your own items for merch. and that's pretty cool too.
      I set up a page for my band, the Malarians (http://www.ebandagogo.com/The_Malarians/), but how and where do you do the merch thing?

• January 31, 2010 10:33 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel