Please login or join to use the Hideout!

Forums Rants 'n' Raves Shakin' Street
  • Topic: Garage Rock Guitar Tabs

Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • January 17, 2010 6:17 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

This is my first post so please be gentle..... Anyone in here know where I can get some garage rock guitar tabs,,,???
    • January 28, 2010 9:13 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Yeah, if you already know basic chords...learning songs by ear (for garage rock anyway) is probably best. That website listed above looks great for learning the words, however. I had to painstakingly decypher bad sounding records to get lyrics to garage rock songs and it was tough. But it might be a good idea to compare the lyrics to the records still. I mean I just looked at Liar Liar by the Castaways recently and somewhere in the first verse it says "come kill me honey, see how I cry", Kill? I think it's really "Come to me honey, see how I cry". Kill is rather extream, don't you think?
    • January 25, 2010 11:10 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

I started with easy songs like Elvis and Jerry lee Lewis tunes, and things like Louie Louie, What I Like About You. I had a little bit of theory but really got into writing after learning stuff off of Young Fresh Fellows and Smithereens. I got back into covers after a couple of years of that, stuff like Action Woman and Try It. But that diagram above, I think I would have gotten lost and gave up.
    • January 25, 2010 8:55 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Well I think that play "with" and "off" the records it's the better way to learn,and that sound is not less important that what you play.I remember when I did this with a cassette player pushin' for thousands times RWD and PLAY.. Now there are many ways pratical,faster and cheap (free).But if you like to compose your own stuff,i think it is necessary to learn about theory of music just a little.So everyone can choose the way he prefers,software,books,private lessons,but of course you can't be aware of what you want to do in music just listening to it,and "playing wih heart". Most thinks that there's no need to know notes ,chords ,theory to play garage punk music,but it's not so obvious as could it seems.Almost every band we know consider this.Maybe,not at their first records ,but at the second or third album you see the difference.(..and the first one remains the best for several bands..)

• January 24, 2010 2:14 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

I'd be gentle...except that I didn't have "software" to help me. I had one of those Mel Bay guitar books, learned the chords, identified the sounds, and learned which chords went together. Learned songs by listening to the records. What you do is listen to the bottom bass note, whatever is dominant is usually the key the band is playing in. I don't bother learning songs out of song books because they are usually wrong done by some fancy pants who tries to make them harder usually for piano players who hate basic keys.
    • January 19, 2010 11:38 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Thanks Freddi and Darcie .... I know of guitar pro and use on a regular basis... I will check out the website Darcie and see what I can root out ,,, If I find anything good I may post it here if I can work out how to use the darned thing Regards Darcie said:
      I like looking through this one:

http://webrock.free.fr/
    • January 18, 2010 7:31 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Hi Lurex,
      Probably there are a lot sites on the web about it,but I usually search for the songs
      I'm interested once at time checkin' for name band,title song and tabs..
      It's not easy to find cool things, in garage punk,but try it before..
      Then I found an interesting software called -GUITAR PRO 5- It works like a mixing panel,you have the volume for each track of the song and the tabs for each instruments,very easy to use.
      But you have to find the song you'd like to learn before. There are folders with 10000 songs in all the genres on the web,and lot of this are good stuff!! Just try for "Guitar Pro Tabs" and see what you find.
      Good Job,FREDDI

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel