Please login or join to use the Hideout!

Forums Rants 'n' Raves The Lounge
  • Topic: KING OF THE RANTS

Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • January 16, 2010 11:07 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

ANYTHING! ABSOLUTELY ANYTHING, BUT ESPECIALLY THE THINGS YOU LOVE TO HATE. THE THINGS THAT WHEN YOU RANT ABOUT THEM YOU GET A NICE WARM FEELING, LIKE THE SPLIT SECOND BEFORE YOU REALIZE , THAT YOUR PISSIN' IN BED. THE MORE OBSCURE, OFFENSIVE , PASSIONATE, AND PERSONAL OF DISLIKES THE BETTER. A FOUR LETTER , FILTHY, FANGED AND FATHERLESS FACILITATOR.
    • February 14, 2010 1:21 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Well, according to this: http://www.discogs.com/Sade-Smooth-Operator/release/1718334 she didn't write it, but after hearing it on youtube, Chicago is supposed to rhyme with Key Largo and fit. So the writer should have used the words Route 66/ L.A. to Chicago, instead of Coast to Coast, and it would have been the truth. "Well it winds from Chicago to LA more than 2000 miles along the way".
    • February 13, 2010 10:35 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

i think sade is english, but your absolutely right mate, its lazy fucking geography, and theres no excuse for it, i mean where will it stop? whats in her next record, a verse that declares world war 2 only lasted a weekend? im like you i want to forgive, i really do! but a little voice inside my head keeps saying "sade is a fucking witch, and i hope to god, that someone shoots her in the face, soon"
    • February 13, 2010 10:20 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Vernon Howell said:
      In "Smooth Operator" by Sade, she says the following lyrics: "Coast to coast / L.A. to Chicago"
      I have always been bothered by the reference to Chicago in this sense. No, I am not an East Coast/West Coast superiority snob. In fact, I was born and raised near the lovely, scenic, walleye and destroyed ship-filled Lake Erie. But when you're saying coast to coast, outside of the fantastic A.M. late night radio show, it should, in reference to these United States, encompass the expanse of the continental 48. This, in my estimation, has always been something like Maine to California, or NYC to L.A. (or, failing that, Seattle). Chicago? Is Sade from Chicago or something? Southern California to ... northern Illinois? As a motherfucking representation of distance and coverage?
      Satan's Dick do I need more serious drama in my life.
    • February 13, 2010 12:34 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

In "Smooth Operator" by Sade, she says the following lyrics: "Coast to coast / L.A. to Chicago"
      I have always been bothered by the reference to Chicago in this sense. No, I am not an East Coast/West Coast superiority snob. In fact, I was born and raised near the lovely, scenic, walleye and destroyed ship-filled Lake Erie. But when you're saying coast to coast, outside of the fantastic A.M. late night radio show, it should, in reference to these United States, encompass the expanse of the continental 48. This, in my estimation, has always been something like Maine to California, or NYC to L.A. (or, failing that, Seattle). Chicago? Is Sade from Chicago or something? Southern California to ... northern Illinois? As a motherfucking representation of distance and coverage?
      Satan's Dick do I need more serious drama in my life.
    • February 5, 2010 1:24 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

me and a freind once snorted prozac, it burns it really burns Lieutenant Cheeseliver said:
      I'm on far too much prozac to care tbh...

I've even started watching FOX news.
    • January 16, 2010 4:53 PM CST
    • Untitled

Rants?!

Like when you order your favourite booze in a glass with ice in some trendy bar and they fill the glass to the brim with those shitty little ice cubes that melt way to fast? and then they do some kind of fucked up trendy pouring technique that doesn't give you a full pour? and your all "wtf is this ?" and they're like "that's what you ordered", and then your going "don't you have any proper ice cubes? what have got against this booze?" and they go "what do you call that stuff in your glass?" and under your breath you mumble "that fucking emo haircut is stopping you seeing how to do your job properly" and they're going "what?" and you go "oh, nothing" and then they threaten to throw you out for trying to throw the excess ice into the sink behind the bar and then charge $10-$15 for the privilege??
    • January 16, 2010 1:01 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Huzzah!!

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel