Please login or join to use the Hideout!

Forums Rants 'n' Raves Shakin' Street
  • Topic: Questions about the podcasts

Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • January 6, 2010 3:37 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Hello, just joined finally after hearing the news that the garagepunk podcasts are not going to be available anymore. That was a bit of bad news since I have been downloading them from itunes for a couple of years now and finding great bands to go out and get their music and even go see if they come down to the beach here.

How do we get these great shows now? I see some will be available here? Will all of them be? Some still available via itunes? Also I can't thank the folks that put together the podcasts. You are really doing a great service to those of us not wanting to listen to commercial radio crap. Thanks!!

Thanks for any info.
    • January 8, 2010 4:59 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Thanks all. I think I see in itunes what is changed is as Mal says itunes won't send them all to me at once. i will need to individually subscribe to them. I hope all the shows will still be on itunes.
    • January 6, 2010 5:02 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

If you click on the Sonic Nightmares feed - http://feeds.feedburner.com/SonicNightmares - you will see a page where all our shows are listed and on the side you can subscribe via iTunes. This means that when you click this our new shows will automatically download to your iTunes. I am looking for a way to subscribe by email - I'll keep you posted when I get that working. Check my blog also - http://garagepunk.ning.com/profiles/blog/list?user=37nxh8gfriypc I hope this helps and YES Sonic Nightmares will continue as usual. John said:
      A couple of my favorite shows write back lol. Thanks. I see the all the stuff on the site here but I confess I am a little confused on the options. I am a little older and need to learn the feed stuff lol. itunes made it so easy to get all at once. i do see RadioOblivion and your show ixnayray is still available on iturnes but I guess I need to figure out the feeds from here. Any suggestions or help on the basics of feeds?
      Thanks and keep the shows coming. Will Sonic Nightmares still be going?
    • January 6, 2010 4:47 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

A couple of my favorite shows write back lol. Thanks. I see the all the stuff on the site here but I confess I am a little confused on the options. I am a little older and need to learn the feed stuff lol. itunes made it so easy to get all at once. i do see RadioOblivion and your show ixnayray is still available on iturnes but I guess I need to figure out the feeds from here. Any suggestions or help on the basics of feeds?

Thanks and keep the shows coming. Will Sonic Nightmares still be going?
    • January 6, 2010 4:38 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Hey John - The Garagepunk Podcasts ARE still available just not on the garagepunk.com blog anymore. If you've been downloading them from iTunes I don't think anything will change there. The only change will be that our shows will be posted on our individual blog pages here on the Hideout were you can listen to the shows and leave comments just like the old garagepunk.com blog. I encourage you to subscribe to your favorite shows' feed and check your favorite shows' blog pages here on the Hideout (Kopper has posted links to all the show's feeds and blogs on the last post at garagepunk.com). I hope this helps man and keep listening 'cause we are still alive and kickin'!
    • January 6, 2010 4:15 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Well to make sure you don't miss out on any future shows may i recommend that you subscribe to the whole shebang? Or if you only like certain shows why not head over to the main blog and subscribe there? Kopper has gone to the trouble of listing each podcasters individual feed - get on it!

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel