Please login or join to use the Hideout!

Forums Rants 'n' Raves Shakin' Street
  • Topic: Birthday Party Guitarist Rowland S. Howard Dies

Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • April 30, 2010 1:59 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

had the great man kip on ma couch about 1987. Played a one off in Dundee of all places. we sat up to the wee small hours and even tho iy was mano a mano i could'nt help but think, ' you've influenced me in so many ways and are a real star in my eyes and here we are speakin shite and drinkin coffee in a flat in Dundee!' a real humble guy. I stayed in touch with him for years, and he is indeed a great loss to music. he'll be somewhere with Lux just now, chillin' an speakin' nonsense. until the next time big guy!

Andy
    • April 30, 2010 2:59 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Hey Dead Boy, thanks for the video - I hope the film gets made, I'd love to see it. The moment, when Nick Cave stops to speak is so sad... Reminds me of the Johnny Cash-Video of Hurt, when June stands on the stairs and just watches Johnny - so sad...

Doc

www.cyco-sanchez.de

• April 29, 2010 11:18 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

"Trailer for Rowland S. Howard - Autoluminescent feature documentary. A co-production between Ghost Pictures and Lindsay Gravina's King Blank Productions."
    • January 27, 2010 6:19 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

I used to hang out with Rowland back in the days, in the 80s I guess, friends and partners in crime. Yes, he was a great guitarist but I remember Rowland as one of the nicest guys around. Sure, there was some freaky shit happening, but he was modest, humble, intelligent and sharp as a razor. Rowland dying is pretty fuckin' sad, especially under the circumstances. I'm glad he is remembered on this forum...
    • January 27, 2010 1:43 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

I bought the single 'Release the bats'.
    • January 26, 2010 8:21 PM CST
    • Untitled

They were great...Tracy Pew (RIP) had a great bass guitar sound, especially on "Six Inch Gold Blade". The screamin' Soul Preacher said:
      I still can't realize this...and I still haven't got the "strength" to get and listen to his last record, "Pop crimes"...
      Has anyone did ?

Andy Seven says : "I remember seeing The Birthday Party live at The Roxy (Sunset Strip) right after "The Bad Seed" was released"
      Wow !!! How I wish I could have seen them ! Must have been a great moment !
    • January 26, 2010 5:05 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

I still can't realize this...and I still haven't got the "strength" to get and listen to his last record, "Pop crimes"...
      Has anyone did ?

Andy Seven says : "I remember seeing The Birthday Party live at The Roxy (Sunset Strip) right after "The Bad Seed" was released"
      Wow !!! How I wish I could have seen them ! Must have been a great moment !
    • January 5, 2010 6:44 PM CST
    • Untitled

Yea I saw this just before new years. Last decade was particularly bad for people dying.

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel