Please login or join to use the Hideout!

Forums Rants 'n' Raves Shakin' Street
  • Topic: The Future of GaragePunk Podcasts

Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • December 31, 2009 3:56 PM CST
    • Untitled

Hi, I might be out of the loop but I've been noticing these messages lately: PLEASE NOTE: This will be the final episode of the Mal Thursday Show that is posted on the GaragePunk.com blog. As of January 2010, you’ll find Mal’s podcast posted on his blog at the GaragePunk Hideout. If you would like to continue receiving his podcast, be sure to subscribe to his show’s feed using the link below, and/or befriend him on the Hideout. Thanks! I read a similar message from the "Get Drunk and Play Records" blog, too. Are podcasts getting the axe? What's happening?
    • January 1, 2010 9:09 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Good to know. Thanks. kopper said:
      Most (except for maybe a handful) of our shows are actually on Blip.tv, and some of the more recent ones are either there or Mevio.com (some are on both). That's where they're uploaded and stored. So even when the blog goes away, you'll still be able to find most of them there.

Rockin Rod Strychnine said:
      If the archives can at least stay up for the next year, that’d be great and helpful. There’s so much I’ve missed when not having home internet. Thanks.
    • January 1, 2010 7:02 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Most (except for maybe a handful) of our shows are actually on Blip.tv, and some of the more recent ones are either there or Mevio.com (some are on both). That's where they're uploaded and stored. So even when the blog goes away, you'll still be able to find most of them there. Rockin Rod Strychnine said:
      If the archives can at least stay up for the next year, that’d be great and helpful. There’s so much I’ve missed when not having home internet. Thanks.

"Go read a book and flunk a test." -Iggy

• January 1, 2010 2:52 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

• December 31, 2009 7:26 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Hopefully past show will still be up? There's been times when I've been without the internet at home and haven't been able to listen and am only NOW trying to catch up. Also hopefully, it'll be metioned in Latest Activity when you upload? As I've actually not subscribed to anyone yet.
    • December 31, 2009 4:13 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

The main feed (the one with all the shows) is going away, as is the GaragePunk.com blog. The 'casts are moving over to the Hideout, but now you'll have to subscribe to each show individually.

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel