Please login or join to use the Hideout!

Forums Regional Forums Canada
  • Topic: Benefit For Greg Gory Johnson (The Fiends, The Worst)

Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • December 2, 2009 4:22 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

For those who haven't already heard: Greg Johnson, lead singer of the Fiends and respected member of the Vancouver music scene for many years recently had a double aneurysm and is in serious condition in the hospital. I'm told that all things considered he is doing okay, but he's still going to need our help with his mortgage payments. A few of us have put together a benefit night for Greg this coming Saturday December 5 at the Wise Hall, Vancouver. Bands that are playing: Spitfires Little Guitar Army The Fiends (Greg's band with Peter Gripp filling in on vox) Motorama The Worts (a pickup band of various Fiends alumni and others including Gord Smithers, Dan Small, Randy Bowman, Marc Godfrey, Paul McKenzie) I, Braineater (with Phil Western) Dirty and the Derelicts The Stoolies(feat. Terry of Slow fame) Free Cigarettes for Drunk Minors For those who just want to give and arent interested in the raffle, there's a PayPal donation button where you can contribute any amount to Greg's support fund just below the raffle ticket purchase button at www.lowdowndirty.biz The raffle is pretty sweet though. These prizes will be drawn for between sets at the benefit on Saturday: -A Sparrow guitar (worth thousands) - I, Braineater art - Andrea Tucker art - Burlesque Tickets - Enigmas Reunion Tickets - Death Sentence Tickets - Pointed Sticks tickets (evening show) - focus 2 hair salon $150 gift cert. - basket of beauty products ($75 value) Either way, Greg appreciates your support.
    • December 5, 2009 1:46 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Shit! I just read from Sean Law's myspace (and i see he posted here too) that he passed on. This week is just getting shittier by the moment.
    • December 2, 2009 10:26 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Wow...sorry to hear that. I once put on a show in Oly, WA and invited the Worst to play. While it sucks to be suffering through an aneurysm, I guess he should be glad he's Canadian. In the states, he'd have to sell his house just to cover the hospital bill. I remember when Nardwuar went through the same thing.

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel