Please login or join to use the Hideout!

Forums Rants 'n' Raves Shakin' Street
  • Topic: Scion Garage Fest - Who's Going?

Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • September 10, 2009 2:39 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

I only bought a ticket for the Mummies show as I'm only able to afford to stay in San Francisco one night. But yeah, I was lucky. I was at the computer on my e-mail the second Sectmaniac made the announcement they were available. kopper said:
      You got tix to Budget Rock? Lucky bastard.

Rockin Rod Strychnine said:
      Normally I'd go since it's only a few hours away, but driving back that same night would be tiresome and I'm already spending what little I have on hotel fair for the Budget Rock two weeks later. Also it seems that all the big acts are practically playing against each other instead of co-headlining. It's not like these are the last shows of any of these groups.
    • September 9, 2009 9:36 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

You got tix to Budget Rock? Lucky bastard. Rockin Rod Strychnine said:
      Normally I'd go since it's only a few hours away, but driving back that same night would be tiresome and I'm already spending what little I have on hotel fair for the Budget Rock two weeks later. Also it seems that all the big acts are practically playing against each other instead of co-headlining. It's not like these are the last shows of any of these groups.

"Go read a book and flunk a test." -Iggy

• September 9, 2009 1:00 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

• September 7, 2009 3:58 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

I was considering it, then realized I (likely) will not be able to escape my day job to attend. I already have a vacation booked off on the weekend before.
      Further to that, I'm not interested in traveling to a show that I might not be able to get in to see, even if it is free!
      So, no, probably not. I'm sure it would be great fun though.
    • September 7, 2009 2:43 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

DaMN! Wish I could make this.
    • September 2, 2009 12:34 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Of course I'll be there. I'm not as excited about it as I was when I first heard rumors about it, since they originally included The Mummies, DMZ & The Sonics. None of which appear to have made the cut.

All you out-of-towners should keep in mind that this might be a huge cluster fuck. Each one of the clubs holds about 500 people, and there are VIP wristbands that let folks jump ahead of ticket holders. So the odds are that you will either miss someone, or have to sit through a few bands you don't care about in order to see who you really want to.
      Also there is no smoking in clubs here now.

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel