Please login or join to use the Hideout!

Forums Rants 'n' Raves Shakin' Street
  • Topic: Press Kits, merch, and Music Distro

Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • March 14, 2009 1:50 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Howdy - so are press kits at all useful to any of the bands around this forum? We were considering putting one together but I hesitated because - well - it seems kinda lame and old fashion. Most venues we play (in the new york area) just take a link to out myspace page. Is it something useful when shopping your music around to labels?

Second - We've got an LP's worth of tracks recorded and now we got to figure out what to do with them.. I know we want them on vinyl... I'm thinking 45's - then maybe a Compact Disc for the LP. Maybe both. Can anyone recommend a resource for getting these pressed?

also - where do you get your t-shirts made?

Thanks
    • March 14, 2009 2:54 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

There are many ways to skin a cat. I own a small label called MAGPIE, and I've done a few things, some people will rip it, but I really have had the best luck with UNITED, www.urpressing.com/ My next release wil be the first time I've gotten them to master and cut the plates, but I feel pretty good about it. I will probably use I Love Imprint, www.iloveimprint.com/ for sleeves and possibly for a CD release coming up. Great guys to work with. As far as t-shirts, stickers and buttons I use Press Press Merch, www.presspressmerch.com/ They are really fast and will do limited runs for cheap. Seriously the easiest people I've worked with, and their t-shirt selection is bitch'n. Their website is bunk, so just e-mail for quotes. As far as press kits, I had one made with one of my bands, and it didn't do much. Most places don't need them for booking anymore. Sometimes newspapers will request one so they can use a pic, and get background on ya with little leg work. Though a high res. pic on-line with a bio will do the same thing. I hope this helps. Though from what i can tell there are a million good ways to do all these things. I will say I have never been able to do shirts as cheap as I have been able to with press press merch, and they are quality! So GOOD LUCK!

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel