Please login or join to use the Hideout!

Forums Rants 'n' Raves Shakin' Street
  • Topic: Record Pressing

Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • January 31, 2009 6:32 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

What's the best place to have a record pressed at ? Price-wise ? Time-wise, etc etc?
    • November 28, 2011 8:35 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Is that place still around? Mobineko? I know they were brokering the vinyl out, doing only print in house.

Anyway, I use Rainbo Records in CA, exclusively, best vinyl quality I have seen, average weight is around 155 grams, and they do special 200 gram pressings for me when I ask, since I've used them so much. Price is great, customer service is great, quality is awesome.

I always get my records mastered (master lacquer cut) elsewhere though. Saves a bit of money, and his cuts are ace.

Sorry to bring up such an old thread. I am, as I am sure a lot of others are, a vinyl geek :)

• February 28, 2009 12:25 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

I will be using mobineko for the first 45 with thee Gravemen, they are cheap and hopefully good quality, will let you know how it sounds in a month or so
    • February 28, 2009 4:55 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Hi, I just found this place the other day: http://www.mobineko.com/ Have anyone tried them? It looks very cheap but I have no idea on the quality. cheers! Andreas
    • February 6, 2009 10:24 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

I'm using United right now, my test pressings came back alittle fucked up sounding and so far they been super cool to deal with about getting all the problems looked after. ~T Feathered Apple Records said:
      Gasser Dale said:
      We've pressed all our 45's through United & all have sounded great. Never had a problem with them. We also just pressed an LP with them & sounds great so far. Good people to deal with as well.
      -La Ti Da

United is great!
    • February 5, 2009 4:43 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

We've pressed all our 45's through United & all have sounded great. Never had a problem with them. We also just pressed an LP with them & sounds great so far. Good people to deal with as well. -La Ti Da
    • February 5, 2009 3:51 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

I've just heard that there is pressingplant here in Sweden, does anyone have any info about it? Is it the same plant that was/is in Jönköping?

Some friends of mine has worked with Handle With Care in Germany and they have also been pleased with their work.

One thing about GZ is that they can press your records very fast, at least they have done that the times we have asked them that we need the records very fast (for a tour etc.). We received a 7" on 1 1/2 week a couple of years ago and that was really great.
    • February 5, 2009 3:42 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

The czech place did a good job on our (the interceptors) first single - that was a while back though - very popular amongst bands from the north east of england it seems...
    • February 5, 2009 2:49 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

We use GZ Digital Media in the Czech Republic for most of our stuff. We have been pleased with their work so far except for a couple of times. We have also pressed at Musicol Recordings in the USA and we are very pleased with their work: http://www.musicolrecording.com/ Andreas
    • February 3, 2009 5:32 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Last time I had a record pressed I found the cheapest place was GZ Digital Media in the Czech Republic - http://www.gzvinyl.cz/en/vinyl/ Even including shipping costs they were cheaper than anywhere in the UK and they did a great job on my release which was a 10 inch EP pressed on red vinyl.
    • February 2, 2009 11:18 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

It's been a long time since I have dealt with that, but United in Tenessee used to be one of the cheapest, most of those super thin black wax 7"s that you can see light through in your collection came from them most likely. Though I believe they do have heavier weight vinyl available. If I recall what made them really cheap was they had mastering/label /& pressing packages that made it cheaper than doing each seperately on your own. http://www.urpressing.com/ Bill Smith in California also used to do alot of independent label stuff (SFTRI for one) though it seemed like a lot of them gravitated to Erica Records, also here in Southern California. But, maybe you'd be best off finding someone local to save shipping costs. http://www.billsmithcustomrecords.com/index.html http://www.erikarecords.com/

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel