Please login or join to use the Hideout!

Forums Rants 'n' Raves Shakin' Street
  • Topic: Having problems with the download function

Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • January 29, 2009 5:10 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

i was wondering if any tech wiz out there could help me figure out the process of downloading some of the GaragePunk Podcasts, I am rabid traveler and would love to have many of these episodes on my iPod for convenience and also so I can shake it while I make for the boarder. Any help is apprecieated.
      -LesterCrow
    • February 19, 2009 12:17 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Sounds like you're probably missing an audio player-type plugin for your browser (something like QuickTime or RealPlayer). But all that will do is open the file and start it playing in a new window for you. If you're trying to download the file, then you'll need to right-click on the "DOWNLOAD" link, which should give you a menu for you to select a way of saving the file to your computer. At least that's the way it is on a Mac! ;) Leister Crow said:
      well I was trying to have them downloaded in that manner however the browser kept coming up saying "Internet Explorer can't read page". I'm still living in an analogue age and this computer stuff is still kinda foreign to me, I'll give it another go hopefully it works. Thanks for your help.

"Go read a book and flunk a test." -Iggy

• January 29, 2009 12:59 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Analoge is all right! Sometimes another browser helps with these things, as the problem you mentioned seems to have something to do with the settings of the Internet Explorer on your computer (...don't nail me to it). I have never seen the same thing happen, so sorrily I can't tell what should be changed so it will run. It might be a shot in the oven, but have you tried MOZILLA FIREFOX? It's one of the best alternatives to the Internet Explorer. It's free to download at their website and well approved. I hope it works and you can soon download those Podcast's! IDON Ps: If you have iTunes installed you can also subsribe over that. By going to the iTunes store and pasting "GaragePunk Podcast" in the searchfield. You will find the directory with all the shows there. That should always work.

Here for the stir

• January 29, 2009 11:40 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

well I was trying to have them downloaded in that manner however the browser kept coming up saying "Internet Explorer can't read page". I'm still living in an analogue age and this computer stuff is still kinda foreign to me, I'll give it another go hopefully it works. Thanks for your help.
    • January 29, 2009 8:17 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

You can either download them the traditional way on the blog (that's when you click "podcast" in the upper right in the menu of your page of the HIDEOUT. And then in the linkbar of every episode under "Download".) There's also a link to every recent show on the main HIDEOUT page. Or you can conveniently have 'em downloaded in an automatic way by subscribing thru something like iTunes or a feed. That's easy to reach at the same place under "Subscribe". Again you can choose one or all! Awesome thing this! All-right?

Here for the stir

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel