Please login or join to use the Hideout!

Forums Rants 'n' Raves Shakin' Street
  • Topic: Hex Dispensers - S/T

Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • January 17, 2009 7:08 AM CST
    • Untitled

Let my say three words that sum up this entire release: FOREST RAY COLSEN Why review an entire album, when one song rules my fucken world. I don't care when this album came out, I don't give a flying fuck what label it is on. Collector scum stats mean diddly squat. Just listen to this song. Then listen to it again and again. Great lyrics, scorching guitars and a chick plays drums! Listen to the song, then Youtube the fucker - If that doesn't sell you on this band, then get the hell out of town, cos this is garage punk at its finest and you are not fit to breath the same air as the Hex Dispensers The Oblivians did it it with "And Then I Fucked Her", The Cosmic Psychos with "Pub" and the Hex Dispensers do it with Forest Ray Colsen, and that is write a song that epitimizes an entire album. Alex Cuervo has been in some other fine bands such as Black Top and King Sound Quartet, and the other three members also have fine pedigrees, but this album manages to leave everything else in the shade. No mere piece of kiddie punk, this is clever and engaging music for grown ups. You know the only bad thing about the Hex Dispensers is they are in Texas and I am in Australia. By the way the other nine tracks are just as good.
    • March 19, 2009 12:56 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Nothing to add, except that the record is damn too short !
    • January 21, 2009 12:00 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        1 0

Untitled

This sounds more like The Misfits (Static Age-era) than the O's but pretty close to The Cosmic Psychos. Pretty interesting tidbit about Forest Ray Colson aka the Man from Mars-- http://www.sgpd.com/html/man_from_mars.html

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel