Please login or join to use the Hideout!

Forums Rants 'n' Raves Shakin' Street
  • Topic: Bigsby on a LP Jr.

Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • December 19, 2008 9:38 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

I'm thinking about putting a Bigsby B-5 on my Les Paul Jr. (not my '57, but an 80s reissue instead).

Any thoughts? Any problems I ought to look out for? Much obliged...
    • December 21, 2008 11:27 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Wow, that sucks! I've never heard of Gibson necks being especially dainty, that's why I was surprised at your post. I've taken out lots of ceiling tiles and so on with mine, never a problem. How could it have happened inside a hardcase? Sounds like sabotage to me... Vagabonds said:
      Complete and utter mystery. It was even in a hardcase when I went to whip it out to record the demo and BAM! It was already broken.

I just don't understand; at a gig I smashed over mic stands and hit people with it and not a dent. Yet the hardcase of doom proved too much. Maybe Gibson's lifetime warranty will cover it.....
    • December 21, 2008 8:51 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Complete and utter mystery. It was even in a hardcase when I went to whip it out to record the demo and BAM! It was already broken.

I just don't understand; at a gig I smashed over mic stands and hit people with it and not a dent. Yet the hardcase of doom proved too much. Maybe Gibson's lifetime warranty will cover it.....
    • December 20, 2008 7:56 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Vagabonds said:
      I was going to do the same, but my neck snapped and I cant afford to repair it. Goddamn crappy Gibson necks.

Anyway, the guitar guy I approached was fully willing do it. Considering he was an old guy with a great reputation and been doing this stuff for decades means that it's probably not going to fuck up your guitar.

But It will probably effect your resale value if you're at all concerned with that. Urg I miss my LP
      How'd you snap the neck?
    • December 20, 2008 6:07 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

I was going to do the same, but my neck snapped and I cant afford to repair it. Goddamn crappy Gibson necks.

Anyway, the guitar guy I approached was fully willing do it. Considering he was an old guy with a great reputation and been doing this stuff for decades means that it's probably not going to fuck up your guitar.

But It will probably effect your resale value if you're at all concerned with that. Urg I miss my LP

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel