Please login or join to use the Hideout!

Forums Rants 'n' Raves Shakin' Street
  • Topic: Best ways to busk fer review submissions?

Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • November 28, 2008 12:51 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Any advice fer how to go about gettin' labels/bands to consider you as a reviewer? I've been asked very rarely in the past when I did a radio program to review recordings for labels and now that I have a proper blog I'd really dig a steady flow of review material comin' my way so I can add more content to my blog...
    • October 4, 2011 10:33 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

I find the best way is to make friends with bands and labels, or at the very least send some PR companies emails to let them know you're accepting promos. Include your email and your mailing address and hope you get some cool shit!

I blog for www.the1stfive.com

• December 12, 2008 1:56 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Thanks Kopper fer the advice...I figured it'd be an uphill struggle to get back into the music reviewin' world but I'm willin' to throw my hat into the ring...a short time after startin' this thread I've been contacted outta the blue by a few groups lookin' fer reviews...crazy timin'...and thanks fer the good luck! kopper said:
      By the way, when you get caught up reviewing all of these records you're getting in the mail, how about making a new podcast for us? ;)
      I promise that I'm studiously bashin' away on new episodes of WWS that'll see the light of day early '09...swear!
    • December 12, 2008 12:36 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Well, good luck with that! Haha.

Seriously, lots of bands are looking for reviews... it shouldn't be too hard to get review material. But then again there are millions of blogs out there nowadays, so you have to make yours stand above the rest and get a good reputation for reviewing. You might just have to start out by reviewing stuff you buy yourself or already have in your collection until you get a name for yourself in the reviewer world.

By the way, when you get caught up reviewing all of these records you're getting in the mail, how about making a new podcast for us? ;)

"Go read a book and flunk a test." -Iggy

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel