Please login or join to use the Hideout!

Forums Regional Forums Europe
  • Topic: where to go in BERLIN?

Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • September 3, 2008 5:29 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

I'll be in Berlin a few day for Christmas, I'd like to know where to buy vinyl records, cool flea markets, clothes or whatever..

Thanks!
    • October 25, 2008 9:23 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Thanks for posting (both comments)! I checked this before I left the States. We were in Berlin for a couple days in October. Wowsville was awesome. The fella who runs the music section was apparently on vacation in Spain or something (so said the guy who runs the nutty goth gear and head shop in the other half of the space), so I didn't get to meet him.

We tried to see a show at Wild At Heart, but it was so packed we couldn't move or get to the bar even before the first band started. We stayed at the Wombats hostel right off the Rosa Luxemburg U-Bahn, so White Trash was about a block away. Stopped in for one drink. They weren't having a band that night, but it seemed like a pretty ok place. Cute chick from Texas running the door, so that was a bonus.

Also, (albeit off topic) Hamburg was a blast! Caught Suspect Parts (members of The Briefs and Clorox Girls) at Beat Club. Great little rock n roll bar just around the corner (literally) from the happening red light district.
    • September 16, 2008 1:31 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Check out Wowsville record, by Schlesisches Tor U-Bahn station. There is also a good record shop directly opposite the Oscar Wilde pub at Oranienburger Str U-Bahn station.

For events, get yourself a copy of Zitty magazine when you arrive, that'll list all you need to know but White Trash Fast Food and Kaffe Burger near Rosa Luxemburg U-Bahn are probably a good bet.

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel