Please login or join to use the Hideout!

Forums Rants 'n' Raves Shakin' Street
  • Topic: HELP! VOX GUITAR PROBLEM!!!

Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • August 8, 2008 8:44 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

HEEEELLLLLP! I have a real Vox problem.

I'm looking for schematics of the ACTUAL effects modules of the Starstream, and Grand Prix guitars (not the regular guitar wiring diagram). Do you think anyone actually made their own schematics? Apparently Vox didn't make schematics for the modules themselves, as they were just to be entirely replaced in the case anything went wrong.
      Alternatively if anyone knows the individual V number for each individual effect, it would be very helpful!
      Kind Regards
      Chris Jack
    • December 7, 2008 10:50 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Almost there! Grand Prix has improved a great deal, the only remaining problem is the weak wah. Should have my Starstreams back soon, so if one of the Starstreams has a healthier wah I'll swap the modules with the Grand Prix. It was so much hassle to get this far!
    • December 7, 2008 7:38 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Did you ever get your ax together??
    • October 18, 2008 7:53 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Aaah, I see. We do the same. Must just be your video live sound! Cheers luscevious drummer said:
      not really, i use a pearl wooden piccolo and slightly tune the bass drum more which in the case of the tracks in my space is a gretsch. if you see youu tube videos, it is just the live sound which is great for any band playing garage. i think that studio stuff should be done live and never put many mics on the drums. 2 is more than enough.(early beatles used just one....)
    • October 18, 2008 10:05 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

not really, i use a pearl wooden piccolo and slightly tune the bass drum more which in the case of the tracks in my space is a gretsch. if you see youu tube videos, it is just the live sound which is great for any band playing garage. i think that studio stuff should be done live and never put many mics on the drums. 2 is more than enough.(early beatles used just one....)
    • October 18, 2008 5:07 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Thanks very much. The schematics link just leads to Northcoast Music, who don't want to help unless you are enquiring about a specific thing listed on their site, with the intention of making a purchase. Dig your drum sound! Are you using a vintage kit? luscevious drummer said:
      i dont know if this will be of any help but if you havent been there, try sending an e-mail to http://www.voxshowroom.com/contents/index.html
      they claim to have schematics...love your sounds by the way...
    • October 18, 2008 3:35 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Hi Thanks for the link! If you wanna hear how they should sound when played decently through good amps, just by some albums by The Cannibals (the other guitar is a Phantom Special which shares the same effects modules). They used these guitars and their effects better than anyone else I've ever seen: http://jp.youtube.com/watch?v=J8bSlFkBxbU Colin said:
      may be of no use at all but this links is pretty interesting - although not the same vox, it looks like a similar layout

http://www.vintageguitars.org.uk/voxUltrasonic2.php

should give you an idea as to how it should sound

good luck
    • October 18, 2008 3:30 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Hi Jon Thanks for the advice. I did both a long time back. No replies from the Vox forums I joined:( I tried Northcoast Music a long time ago, but they were very abrupt and unhelpful. They just want to sell the manuals stuff they have, with no questions asked, and not deal with any other enquiries. I got an absolute ton of help and advice from Jack Charles (Phantom Guitar Works). He isn't selling these guitars but he has had much experience with them. He really went out of his way and wrote me several long detailed emails... Very nice guy! I think everyone should go and buy a Phantom Guitar Works Phantom! I will be as soon as I have the money;) John Sevestian said:
      I don't know if you have tried, but I have gotten some good feedback from the Vox website. There's an online group I joined that mighy be able to help you. They also have a classified section that you can ask for what you are looking for. They helped me keep my Vox Jaguars,and my Vox Beatle working. And I also have a Vox Phanthom 12 string. Try them at NorthCoastMusic.com. attn:DOCTORVOX. Hope this helps. John
    • October 17, 2008 5:15 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

may be of no use at all but this links is pretty interesting - although not the same vox, it looks like a similar layout http://www.vintageguitars.org.uk/voxUltrasonic2.php should give you an idea as to how it should sound good luck
    • October 14, 2008 1:07 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

I don't know if you have tried, but I have gotten some good feedback from the Vox website. There's an online group I joined that mighy be able to help you. They also have a classified section that you can ask for what you are looking for. They helped me keep my Vox Jaguars,and my Vox Beatle working. And I also have a Vox Phanthom 12 string. Try them at NorthCoastMusic.com. attn:DOCTORVOX. Hope this helps. John
    • August 18, 2008 10:12 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Don't forget to use the Musicians group for this sorta stuff. That might help, too...

"Go read a book and flunk a test." -Iggy

• August 9, 2008 10:53 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Gringo Starr said:
      Check your band's email. I sent you contact information for Thee Vox guitar expert here in Switzerland. Let me know how it pans out.
      Gring.
      Hi Gringo I got the email! Thanks so much for going out of your way. I sent the Vox guy a friend request, and will send him a proper message once he approves. Kind regards Chris
    • August 9, 2008 9:45 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Check your band's email. I sent you contact information for Thee Vox guitar expert here in Switzerland. Let me know how it pans out.
      Gring.
    • August 8, 2008 8:34 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Ratfink66 said:
      That's a tough one. It might be worth checking with Jack Charles at Phantom guitar works in case you haven't already. Good luck. Post back if you locate them!

~michael
      Thanks Michael. I thnk I spoke to Jack about this before, and had no joy. There must be someone somewhere in the world that knows how these effects work, and how to repair them. I just gotta find that person! I put a notice on my homepage with tons of keywords, so hopefully I should get some good search engine hits, and someone in the know will find me. I'll let you know if I have any luck. Fingers and toes crossed...
    • August 8, 2008 2:53 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

That's a tough one. It might be worth checking with Jack Charles at Phantom guitar works in case you haven't already. Good luck. Post back if you locate them!

~michael

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel