Please login or join to use the Hideout!

Forums Rants 'n' Raves Shakin' Street
  • Topic: Promoting your Bloggy Goodness?

Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • August 7, 2008 2:27 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Open discussion time: How do you actually "promote" your blog? Or, do you "promote" your blog? Or... Do you wait around like a crocodile with yer mouth open hoping something walks in? Discuss.
    • March 3, 2010 4:07 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Not even a whole day later and i picked up a new follower.
      Was it because of my post on this forum? Who knows.
      The internet is a mysterious place.
    • March 2, 2010 4:04 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Ray nailed it. Subscribe to other blogs you like, and comment on everything. If you like it, tell them about it. If you think they are full of shit, tell them about it. Other will people see this, and will eventually follow the link back to yuors... It doesn't hurt to get on threads like this one and chime in either. After this post, i'll probabally pick up a new follower or two. It's not much, but it's more than if i didn't bother to throw in my two cents. A little shameless self promotion is cool too- as long as you aren't pushy about it. (So here goes) Personally i have two blogs, ones a daily rock and roll history site, and ones an MP3 site. Both pretty small time, but i do have a handful of regular followers. Here are some links: http://wopbopaloobopalopbamboom.blogspot.com/ http://rockandrolltoday.blogspot.com/ And hey, if you like what you see, leave a comment. I check out your blog, if i think its cool i might subcribe, one of my readers sees your comment, one of your readers sees mine, etc... Networking. Just like that. Wow- i just realized this thread is a year old... Whatever. It's the internet.
    • May 5, 2009 5:52 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

I've found blogging to be a pretty reciprocal medium. You have to read other people's blogs and leave regular comments on them. There are certain sites like stumbleupon which can bring you a lot of traffic, but I've never found those to bring any regular readers in the long run. I do love receiving random comments from people I've never heard of though on my own blog, just in case anyone's interested. And If you've got a blog that looks interesting, I'll probably put it on my blogroll.
    • April 11, 2009 12:17 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

kopper said:
      The best way is to get other similar blogs to add yours to their blogrolls (or links sections).www.feedburner.com
      Right, that and link your blogsite in your sig on any music boards that you frequent, etc.
    • December 12, 2008 12:38 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Oh yeah, and create a Blog Network for your blog on Facebook, too. That's a really cool application, I think.

"Go read a book and flunk a test." -Iggy

• December 12, 2008 12:33 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

The best way is to get other similar blogs to add yours to their blogrolls (or links sections). Of course you'll need to do that for them in return. It also helps to register your blog on as many blog directories as you can find. And make it easy for people to figure out what your blog's RSS (syndication) feed is. Make it obvious. Then give them easy ways to subscribe (add buttons, email subscription options, etc.). Feedburner (now owned by Google) is great for this: www.feedburner.com

"Go read a book and flunk a test." -Iggy

• September 13, 2008 10:32 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Here's what I did for what it's worth ... email all your family & friends and pester them until they check it out. Get a Myspace site (I know, YUK! But it's free) and bulletin everybody and put your blog address all over your site. Put it in when you add comments to your friends until they get sick of it. I'm sure there's more ways than this, but it's a start!

ps - trade links with blogs you dig ... this actually works better than expected ....
    • September 2, 2008 1:47 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Not sure... Good question.

C'mon bloggers! Let's hear your input.

Where would you "promote" it?

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel