Please login or join to use the Hideout!

Forums Rants 'n' Raves Shakin' Street
  • Topic: What were your 3 most memorable or fave gigs you have seen?

Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • July 13, 2008 10:13 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        1 0

Untitled

Name your top 3 gigs you have attended...either local, or international acts...in the punk/new wave/garage genre.
    • July 19, 2011 10:26 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Rocket From The Crypt at the Little Steve Underground Garage Halloween Show in NYC 2006(?)
      The Demolition Doll Rods, Hot Snakes and Dan Sartain in 2005(?)
      The Murder City Devils on the "In Name and Blood" tour 

• July 18, 2011 10:37 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

loved reading all these.

1. Iggy Pop in 2001.  a small venue, too! Iggy commanded the energy in the entire place like Ive never seen before, he was like 54 years old or something...so animalistic and wild

2. Bad Brains in 2009, a truly out of this world experience, even though it was at a big festival. H.R. was in a trance and chanting things into the mic.He wore a white suit with a chest protector or a bullet proof vest or something.

3. Ian MacKaye, 2005 at this donations-only diy warehouse.  Amy Farina played drums and Ian played electric guitar. He joked with us and talked, reminding us to appreciate the friendly diy scene we have in Jax,FL.  I swear when they were done, everybody got in a single-file line to take turns shaking Ian's hand and having their own short chat with Ian.  He talked with everyone of us, if not for a few seconds. I've never seen anything like that.

• June 5, 2011 10:53 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Oh, my fave and memorable was the Cramps in 1980 in LA on Halloween, gold speedos was all I remember and excellent showmanship, loved Ivy. I was just 16, was great. I saw so many bands back then, but more memorable would be X, they were always good. Dead Kennedys too.  Miss those days, wish I had a camera back then.
    • June 5, 2011 3:37 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

The Prisoners-100 Club eerrrrrr....early/mid 80's? (seem to remember one of the other band's were The Magic Roundabout)

The Playn Jayn-Psalter Lane/Sheffield eerrrrrr......... warm up for The Fleshtones.

The Ya Ya's-Faces/Sheffield early 80's.

• May 18, 2011 4:14 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        1 0

Untitled

...soooooooo many more, three isnt enough! =)
    • May 18, 2011 4:13 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        1 0

Untitled

the buzzcocks..the ramones ...stiff little fingers ,go for it tour bristol uk,88
    • May 1, 2011 9:04 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

tomorrow... well that's just some other time... Peace

Eppoh66 said:

My 3 favourites, not in a specific order are (at this moment...)

- The Ramones at some festival in Belgium in around 1992 I think. Joey got in a fight with some asshole who threw a beer at him. He jumped into the audience en won!

- The False Prophets in the Melkweg in Amsterdam. It was a really weird, but also great show!

- The Mummies in Patronaat Haarlem. It was an unbelievebly good show! They rocked their asses of and played the roof off!

Ask me tomorow and I'll come up with a completely differend list... (maybe with Monstermagnet, the Kift, Mudhoney, Nirvana, NoMeansNo...)

• April 29, 2011 8:08 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

My 3 favourites, not in a specific order are (at this moment...)

- The Ramones at some festival in Belgium in around 1992 I think. Joey got in a fight with some asshole who threw a beer at him. He jumped into the audience en won!

- The False Prophets in the Melkweg in Amsterdam. It was a really weird, but also great show!

- The Mummies in Patronaat Haarlem. It was an unbelievebly good show! They rocked their asses of and played the roof off!

Ask me tomorow and I'll come up with a completely differend list... (maybe with Monstermagnet, the Kift, Mudhoney, Nirvana, NoMeansNo...)

• April 28, 2011 12:45 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

The Ramones -  1986 Glasgow Barrowlands. The freaks came out - a mental atmosphere and the songs soo fast live.

The Pixies - Doolittle tour (year?), Edinburgh. Just excellent.

The Phantom Band - Norwich Feb 2011 - yes very recent but fantastic live, as are their records.

• April 27, 2011 2:04 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

The Fall, what a band, Mark E Smith, what a ....front, man, still i've had the good luck to have never seen a bad show, i've caught them several times between 1985 and 2010...

Live Unsigned said:
      It was probably The Fall at the Astoria in '87 although Husker Du at Glasto the same year was pretty awesome. Also PiL touring the Seattle material (also at the Astoria). There, I seem to have thought of three: there are a lot more contenders though, like Agent Orange, who I saw for the first time last year at the Underworld in Camden after being into them for 25 years!
    • April 27, 2011 2:02 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Yeah i caught Roky at Jarvis Cocker's Meltdown - it was unbelievably good. Truth is I don't get to that many gigs coz of KIng Bastard Cash and so I have to pick and choose which means I don't get to see much crap either.

The Only Ones were top notch in a small venue last year, The Linkmen were fucking awesome way back when in a dive in London, just like The Pink Fairies.

The Damned always give value for money and Iggy before he did Insurance ads...

lemmy's a god and motorhead never fail...

Also a lot of bands just don't get the crowd reaction from some, well most, manchester audiences, god knows why, well i've got a theory but i don't want to be shot out on the streets, so i've stopped going to some manchester venues.

Max Reverb said:

Roky Erickson and the Explosives @ webber hall in NYC

The Mummies @ maxwells in NJ,

The Cramps, Bomboras, Royal Crowns @ the Asylum in Portland ME
    • April 27, 2011 1:46 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

I was at a backyard show  back in like 2002 when I lived in California, watching RUN-A-MUCK. I got mistaken for someone else, and we got chased out by another drunk punx crew. Along with my girlfriend at the time, my two buddies and their girlfriends as well. Chased out by a mob of 30+ punks. Luckily, a random guy saw our situation, crammed us all into his hatchback civic and sped outta there. Intense stuff! i didn't even get to see the band =/.
    • April 27, 2011 4:56 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

It was probably The Fall at the Astoria in '87 although Husker Du at Glasto the same year was pretty awesome. Also PiL touring the Seattle material (also at the Astoria). There, I seem to have thought of three: there are a lot more contenders though, like Agent Orange, who I saw for the first time last year at the Underworld in Camden after being into them for 25 years!
    • April 26, 2011 10:02 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Roky Erickson and the Explosives @ webber hall in NYC

The Mummies @ maxwells in NJ,

The Cramps, Bomboras, Royal Crowns @ the Asylum in Portland ME
    • April 25, 2011 6:15 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

this answer will change all the time... but for now...

1st ever gig 1980, manchester apollo - The Buzzcocks

Jason and The Scorchers, London, Brighton and Leeds circa 1985 / 6... all great

The Ramones - Brixton - 198(?) Dee Dee still had original haircut

then there's Johnny Thunders solo acoustic, small club in Brighton, mid eighties...The Cramps forever...

Jim Jones last year Manchester....

• April 24, 2011 9:19 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        1 0

Untitled

Bad Brains, Circle Jerks, Living Colour, and Leeway @ Club 1018 July 1987
      The Gories @ Bowery Ballroom 2010 They might be old but this band is as advertised
      Benefit for Roger @ CbGB's 1989 (too many bands to mention)
      Honorable Mention: Anytime I saw 7 Seconds (even during the U2 years) or the Rollins Band or The Woggles (another bunch of old guys who still rock hard
      ----

Stooges 2008 was good but only Iggy and Mike Watt seemed into it

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel