Please login or join to use the Hideout!

Forums Regional Forums Continental U.S.
  • Topic: Who here is going to see The Sonics in Seattle on Halloween?

Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • June 22, 2008 8:48 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

I got my tix the day they went on sale. Actually, the HOUR they went on sale!
      I've been waiting to see this new incarnation of the band. I didn't go to the previous reunion gigs as it didn't make sense for me to travel to NYC or London when the band themselves reside in the state just below my province. I figured they'd eventually do a show on their home turf, and now it is indeed happening.
      So, who here is attending? I predict there will be some satellite shows or events occurring directly after the gig, and probably that weekend too. It's pretty cool that Halloween falls on a Friday night this year. I also predict a bumper crop of Witches to be in attendance at the show.
    • October 31, 2008 4:39 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

One of my friends is going. I'm so jealous. It's going to be sick.
    • October 27, 2008 12:44 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

I thought so too, Sean! This weekend is going to be awesome!

I haven't seen Girl Trouble since 1995!!

I'll see you up there!
    • October 27, 2008 12:12 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Jeez-Louise, I would have thought that having an opportunity to see the greatest Garage band of the 1960's on their home turf would have stirred up more interest on-line but evidently not??
      Whatever, I will be there, as will some people I know. I know of at least seven members of current Garage bands that are traveling from out of state to attend this show.
      Girl Trouble are on the bill, which is rad, I haven't seen them for quite a while. There seems to be a popular presumption that The Wailers are going to be playing, but I've seen no evidence of this whatsoever.
      I get in to Seattle mid-day Friday, hoping to go to the EMP that day (if you've never been, you should definitely go!), attending the gig, staying overnight, have Saturday open, going to the Dead Ghosts show Saturday night (a house party in a barn in some guys back yard).
      Rocking!
    • October 22, 2008 12:46 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

I'll be there...

My wife and I will be coming from Los Angeles and arriving on the day of the show. I'm staying the weekend and just hanging around and seeing the city (first time there).

There's going to be TONS of folks from the Bay Area, so it's going to be a total blast! Seattle is going to be invaded by crazy Californians.
    • October 22, 2008 12:29 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

OK, I'm reviving this dead thread! The date draws nearer. So who here from the Hideout is gonna be in attendance at the gig? If attending: - where are you coming from? When arriving? - plan on doing anything else in Seattle? (I'm thinking of hitting the EMP again) - parties?? Dead Ghosts are playing a house party the following night. Oh yeah, costumes are allowed at the gig now. Wear something comfortable.

• September 2, 2008 2:23 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

I'll be there!
    • July 8, 2008 4:59 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

hell , id love to go..but at the prices ticketbastard are charging i doubt ill make it.46$$ for the floor plus a 10$$ convienience charge ? thats pretty inconvienient if you ask me ,add 3 bucks for the venue..i dont know maybe ill just shell out the cash and get some balcony tics at 26$$ plus the extra charges ,just cause roslie is with them!
    • June 26, 2008 4:43 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

The venue is the Paramount Theatre, which is (as far as I know) the same venue they played the last time they performed in Seattle. The tickets are available on-line worldwide through Ticketmaster. Ticket prices are in accordance with seating. They seem to be moving quick, so don't wait around. The date is Friday October 31st. Current Sonics line-up: Jerry Roslie, Keyboards/vox; Larry Larypa, Guitar/vox; Rob Lind, Saxes/vox; Don Wilhelm, Bass/vox; Ricky Lynn Johnson, Drums. New (official) Sonics MySpace: http://www.myspace.com/thesonicsboom (I've been running the first 'Sonics' page on MySpace for a few years, having taken it over from the guy who created it - but this new page is the one that is connected directly to the band and their management).
    • June 26, 2008 2:50 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

I'd love to know the details venue, prices, etc. I've been in BC for a while but haven't made it to Seattle couple that with a cool way to spend Hallowe'en and a chance to see such a great band I'd feel pretty bad if I didn't go.
    • June 25, 2008 5:41 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Ah Im moving to Portland for college, this will be amazing!
    • June 25, 2008 10:53 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

First I've heard of it! Are tickets still available? Where's the show and where can you buy tickets? Also, what do you mean by "new incarnation of the band"? Is it a new lineup?

We were in Seattle a few weeks ago and our trip got interrupted by a death in the family causing us to have to fly back to St. Louis a week early, so my wife and I are thinking about heading back up again this fall, so this might work out... who knows.

Thanks,
      kopper

"Go read a book and flunk a test." -Iggy

• June 24, 2008 12:33 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

I was not aware of this reunion! I actually saw them in London and would love to see them again. Halloween would be fun in Seattle, I think I am going to try to make it.

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel