Please login or join to use the Hideout!

Forums Rants 'n' Raves Shakin' Street
  • Topic: Sleeze

Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • March 1, 2008 11:09 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

i'm trying to find out some of your opinions of your top sleeze rock acts. it's doesn't have to be a paticular genre, just sex drugs and rock-n-roll rock!!
      me for starters, i like:
      the dead boys (a band that gets over looked alot)
      the cramps (nuff said)
      and l.a. guns (i know the get put into that "pop metal" genre but they are from that. straight foward in your face hard rock!)
      i know it's all over the place, but i try not to stereo type music(except pop). if it's good, it's good. pop is generally not good.
    • April 14, 2008 1:58 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

i seen the cramps a few back, old as hell and lux still tore the place up like no other band i ever seen. he was all over the place breakin crap chuggin a bottle of vodka, climbin speakers. supa sleeze bad ass. reverend horton heat, ah not the craziest but one of the sickest guitar players i ever seen. him and his bass player did a solo where they were both had one hand on the guitar and the stand up bass. but dead boys would most definitely put them all to shame. come on who else randomly throws crap out in the middle of their show like "we're only doin it for the money" and "throw your pussies at me" ha that right suckas
    • March 25, 2008 4:13 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

What about Motley Crue? Nikki Sixx 4EVER! hahahaha
    • March 24, 2008 12:43 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

L.A. Guns? Give me a fuckin' break! "Hard rock" is generally NOT GOOD in my opinion. And that also goes for Nashville Pussy and the Reverend Horton Heat. They should've both hung it up a decade ago!

HOWEVER, I highly recommend The Raunch Hands, GG Allin, the Devil Dogs, 9 Pound Hammer, Sons of Hercules, Lazy Cowgirls, the Dirtys, Campus Tramps, etc.

"Go read a book and flunk a test." -Iggy

• March 23, 2008 5:41 AM CDT
    • Untitled

Have to add the Dwarves to the list, the cover to Blood Guts and Pussy is just way to cool.
      Less sleazy and more tasteless was the Mentors, never really comfortable with any of their music actually.
    • March 23, 2008 5:17 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

HEY...U JUST REMINDED ME I HAVE A CASETTE???? OF THE L.A.GUNS HAVENT PLAYED IT SINCE 1988
    • March 3, 2008 5:53 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

i forgot W.A.S.P! with songs like Animal (Fuck Like A Beast), Harder Faster, 95-N.A.S.T.Y, Sex Drive, On Your Knees, Don't Cry (Just Suck) & the list goes on. they get a 9 out of 10 on the sleeze ball meter!!!
    • March 3, 2008 5:46 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

i just saw nashville pussy open for rev horton heat and hank III. good show and definatly sleezy. i give 'em a 7 out of 10 on the sleeze ball meter.
    • March 2, 2008 10:56 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Nashville Pussy. Their shows generally go off, and it is very much "in your face rock and roll".
    • March 2, 2008 7:14 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

One word.The Fugs
    • March 2, 2008 11:32 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

i've only heard a couple of songs by the pagans. i did like what i heard tho. i sould check 'em more of there stuff out.
    • March 2, 2008 11:29 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

rev definatly has a nice touch of sleeze. love them. i also like jackrabbit slim. he's got an album called 'sleezabilly rebel'
      then there's a cute song by kiss called 'nothing to loose'. a nice little ditty about going the back door route. "she didn't want to, but she did anyway". i love that line. classic! kiss was definatly sleezy back in the 70's. what about the godfather of punk iggy??? raw power. awesome.
    • March 2, 2008 9:52 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

If you like the Dead Boys, you may like the Pagans, too. Their tunes "Nowhere To Run" and "Give Til It Hurts" are awesome!! http://shorl.com/bituhopraprydri
    • March 2, 2008 7:19 AM CST
    • Untitled

The sleaziest has to be Andre Williams, songs like Jailbait, Pussy Stank, Let Me Put It in, in fact the entire Silky album which has to be the sleaziest dirtiest piece of rock I own.
      Some of the Reverend Horton Heats material has a very nice sleaze factor, have a quick listen to Wiggle Stick, Big Red Rocket of Love, and Love Whip and you'll get the idea.

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel