Please login or join to use the Hideout!

Forums Rants 'n' Raves Shakin' Street
  • Topic: Go-Go dancers make bands wild baby!!!

Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • February 26, 2008 4:19 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Photobucket
    • December 23, 2011 2:40 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

The only good disco crap is DEAD disco!!!!!!! You don't need sterile disco crap to take chix to bed/home:):):):).

John Battles said:

EVEN PEOPLE WHO ARE'NT SO YOUNG CAN ONLY DANCE TO A DRUM MACHINE......

My take on it , Disco was introduced to the US , from Western Europe , when demand for live music was at an all time low. Of course , that , very slowly , changed with Punk. Regardless of what Spike Lee would have us believe ( Like New York Punkers in 1977 WITH GIANT GREEN GBH MOHAWKS !) , a lot of people went to Studio 54 AND Max's and CBGB's.

The idea was , that it was easier to pick someone up and take them home for some anonymous sex at a Disco , even if you DID hate the music , than at a Rock club.

Of course , the music only got worse with time , but , by and large , you did'nt have to hear much of it if you did'nt go to the Discos. Not unless you listened to whatever stations were playing the  innocuous garbage. But , the Rock stations that fought back were'nt playing MUCH better music , in hindsight. Disco just made people complacent , most people must have known it was a fad. Still , things have'nt changed THAT much. IF I GO OUT FOR THE DAY , AND I ONLY HAVE THREE HIP HOP SONGS PLAYED AT ME , AT FULL VOLUME , it has'nt been a bad day. I'VE BEEN TOLD I WAS "CLOSED MINDED" FOR NOT EMBRACING RAP AND HIP HOP , BUT I'D RATHER HEAR INSTRUMENTS PLAYED BADLY , AND SONGS SUNG POORLY , THAN SOMEONE WHO LETS MACHINES DO EVERYTHING FOR THEM. I WON'T DENY OTHER PEOPLE THEIR RIGHT TO LISTEN TO IT , BUT , WHY DO I HAVE TO? DANCE MUSIC , HOUSE MUSIC , INDUSTRIAL DANCE MUSIC , HIP HOP , RAP , is there THAT big a difference between that and Disco? I know musicians who lug their guitars and drums and amps to their gigs , often for no pay , are not as "Revolutionary" as some DJ with an orange parlor tan , chains , and a fresh fingernail polish who gets $500 and $100 IN TIPS , AT LEAST , but , if you love it , stick with it , because sometime that's all there is that's left , is the love of it.

sleazy said:

I have heard many young people thnk the only danceable music is crappy "disco music" (crappy, esp the late 70s disco duck, YMCA-oriented wimpy stuff........as if dancing started oin the late 70s and early 80s, hahahahhahahahahhahahah...what creeps:):)!!!! What does the word "disco music" even mean??! Beats me :):)!!!! Young people have been dancing since the dawn of ages....."discos" or discoteques were created in the late 50s and the chix and teens really went wild unlike the plastic, sterile dancing to the Lady Gagas of today :):):)!!!

GOOO..GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO...GGGOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO GO GO CHIX ;););)

• December 19, 2011 5:57 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

EVEN PEOPLE WHO ARE'NT SO YOUNG CAN ONLY DANCE TO A DRUM MACHINE......

My take on it , Disco was introduced to the US , from Western Europe , when demand for live music was at an all time low. Of course , that , very slowly , changed with Punk. Regardless of what Spike Lee would have us believe ( Like New York Punkers in 1977 WITH GIANT GREEN GBH MOHAWKS !) , a lot of people went to Studio 54 AND Max's and CBGB's.

The idea was , that it was easier to pick someone up and take them home for some anonymous sex at a Disco , even if you DID hate the music , than at a Rock club.

Of course , the music only got worse with time , but , by and large , you did'nt have to hear much of it if you did'nt go to the Discos. Not unless you listened to whatever stations were playing the  innocuous garbage. But , the Rock stations that fought back were'nt playing MUCH better music , in hindsight. Disco just made people complacent , most people must have known it was a fad. Still , things have'nt changed THAT much. IF I GO OUT FOR THE DAY , AND I ONLY HAVE THREE HIP HOP SONGS PLAYED AT ME , AT FULL VOLUME , it has'nt been a bad day. I'VE BEEN TOLD I WAS "CLOSED MINDED" FOR NOT EMBRACING RAP AND HIP HOP , BUT I'D RATHER HEAR INSTRUMENTS PLAYED BADLY , AND SONGS SUNG POORLY , THAN SOMEONE WHO LETS MACHINES DO EVERYTHING FOR THEM. I WON'T DENY OTHER PEOPLE THEIR RIGHT TO LISTEN TO IT , BUT , WHY DO I HAVE TO? DANCE MUSIC , HOUSE MUSIC , INDUSTRIAL DANCE MUSIC , HIP HOP , RAP , is there THAT big a difference between that and Disco? I know musicians who lug their guitars and drums and amps to their gigs , often for no pay , are not as "Revolutionary" as some DJ with an orange parlor tan , chains , and a fresh fingernail polish who gets $500 and $100 IN TIPS , AT LEAST , but , if you love it , stick with it , because sometime that's all there is that's left , is the love of it.

sleazy said:

I have heard many young people thnk the only danceable music is crappy "disco music" (crappy, esp the late 70s disco duck, YMCA-oriented wimpy stuff........as if dancing started oin the late 70s and early 80s, hahahahhahahahahhahahah...what creeps:):)!!!! What does the word "disco music" even mean??! Beats me :):)!!!! Young people have been dancing since the dawn of ages....."discos" or discoteques were created in the late 50s and the chix and teens really went wild unlike the plastic, sterile dancing to the Lady Gagas of today :):):)!!!

GOOO..GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO...GGGOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO GO GO CHIX ;););)

• December 19, 2011 5:37 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

GO , BABY , GO !!!   WORK IT OUT ! GO !! GO!!   HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HAAAAAA....

KOKO TV said:

Gotta "remember the ladies"!
      Whether they are singing, playing an instrument, dancing, or just plain looking good, we all know that music would be dull without the female counterparts, and hell, sometimes it sure does "motivate" men. As humans, we can't resist the movement...

• December 19, 2011 5:36 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

I have'nt seen that many who were very good....Of course , I've seen some.

The Pontani Sisters (Now with a totally different lineup) really raised the bar , and that's no sexual innuendo , they did.

• June 20, 2011 1:41 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

• June 20, 2011 10:15 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

I'm fond of go go dancers too:)
    • October 25, 2010 1:31 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

dancing is fun dancing is great

BUT

WOMEN AIN'T PROPS
    • September 18, 2010 7:01 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Gotta "remember the ladies"! Whether they are singing, playing an instrument, dancing, or just plain looking good, we all know that music would be dull without the female counterparts, and hell, sometimes it sure does "motivate" men. As humans, we can't resist the movement...
    • August 29, 2010 2:48 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Go Go dancers are getting pretty popular at the Continental Club in Austin, TX (there is one gal there that has super groove) and Freddie Steady Krc has a rockin' gal "Dangerous Dana" who really adds some serious energy to his shows and is authentic in dress and dance. All that said there was a dancer at the last Sons of Hercules show who was super foxy looking but couldn't dance - it was like she came from a strip club and only knew how to bend and shake - no art in that : (

New Mystery Girl

• April 1, 2010 3:05 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

I think Go-Go Dancers are freakin' cool! I mean really, how awesome is it to watch some chic in a 60's go-go get up, dance on stage or in a cage, while the band is playing? It's just all the more entertaining in my book. It gives the show a bit more UMPH! =)
    • April 24, 2009 12:13 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

GGDs are IN with tyme :)

• June 26, 2008 1:46 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel