Please login or join to use the Hideout!

Forums Rants 'n' Raves Shakin' Street
  • Topic: (Original) Telepaths Vocalist Gregor Gayden RIP

Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • February 1, 2008 12:07 PM CST
    • Untitled

I got a call from my good friend Damon Gayden that his brother Gregor had passed away on Tuesday Jan 30th while in the hospital. Gregor Gayden was the vocalist for one of the original Seattle Punk Rock bands The Telepaths. Some say that the Telepaths did the very first Punk Rock show (beating out the Sex Pistols by a couple of months) I can't speak to that argument (someplace there are posters for the show that prove it) but I can say that I was saddened to hear this infomation. I don't know much more on the circumstances except he passed away the hospital here in Seattle. I will post more info as I hear about it. He will be missed. It has been a hard week for musicians here in Seattle. First Ben McMillan of Skin Yard and now this, it just wears people down. Here is some of the scant on-line info on the Telepaths; http://pnwbands.com/telepaths.html
    • March 23, 2008 11:57 AM CDT
    • Untitled

I added you to my friends list and will PM you.
    • March 17, 2008 12:31 PM CDT
    • Untitled

Jenny, I do know how to contact Damon and Jason (now called Rueter) I see Seth around every now and again, but have no contact for him. PM me and I will contact you with details. Really I have posted all I know here.
      Thanks!
    • March 3, 2008 2:32 PM CST
    • Untitled

Thanks to all who showed up Sunday March 2nd for Gregor's Memorial here in Seattle. It was a good one. Stories were shared (and some incredible footage of the Telepaths playing live!), old connections (and some new ones) were re-setablished. It was a real gathering of the Old School Seattle Punk scene (one I was too young to be involved in!) I felt Honored and Privileged to have been in the company with many of these folks. I hope Gregor will be remembered well.

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel