Please login or join to use the Hideout!

Forums Regional Forums Europe
  • Topic: Ooops! - Drummer add

Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • January 21, 2008 4:58 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

For those of you i sent a message to instead of doing this - I am sorry!

However - Thee Strawberry Mynde are reforming after ten years of (for our listeners) blessed peace and quiet, we can't find our drummer as I honestly can't remember where he lives! If anyone knows Ian Lowes from Hartlepool please ask him to get in touch.

Or if anyone wants to twat things in a reasonably rythmic manner please also get in touch - probably would help if you were based NE England just on a logistical level like. We play what has been described as "Primitive" Mod/Garage stuff usual covers - do we all do 'em 'cos they are easy to learn ?? I know I do!

Attitude over ability any day.

Peace
      x
    • February 15, 2008 6:47 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Thee Strawberry Mynde had their first rehearsal on Wednesday (13th February) after a break of 10 years at Lorne Street Studios in Middlesbrough. The band were a little rusty to start off with as you can expect having to relearn songs which they hadn't played since 1998. But things seemed to go pretty well and Tall Paul, Ian Lowes & Bazza are booked into Lorne Street Studios again next week.

For all you train spotters out there the songs the band ran through were - 'She Sets The Scene', 'The Difference', The Electric Prunes 'Little Olive', Love's 'My Flash On You' and The Shambles 'I Can't, Don't Want To'. As well as working on one or two others.
    • January 23, 2008 7:08 PM CST
    • Untitled

Huzzah! and Hooray!
      and Hip-hipthrown in as well.
      Keep us posted on what happens.
    • January 23, 2008 5:01 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

cool beans all round! - however if anyone has a hammond, Farfisa, Vox continental they fancy tickling in our general direction then drop a line etc.....
    • January 23, 2008 3:15 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Panic over.
      Ian has been found and is up for drumming with Thee Stawberry Mynde once again :-)
    • January 22, 2008 3:06 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

No reply yet from Ian. I did a search on MySpace for him and guess what? There's 1 Ian Lowes listed on there - http://www.myspace.com/iangsport However I can't remember the Ian we know been into BMX's :-/ Don't suppose you have a BT phone book handy do you Paul? As I'm pretty sure there's only 1 Ian Lowes in Hartlepool. All I've got is a Yellow Pages which is no use to find long lost drummers.
    • January 22, 2008 1:39 PM CST
    • Untitled

Good Luck on the drummer thing! I have several drummers I work with in my band and they seem to rotate as their lives get busier (or less complicated) depending on the time of year. I used a completely different set of fold onm the road though. I hire touring musicicans (as my local mob can't give up their jobs for 3-6 weeks on the road!) I also know folks in different places that I get to play with me when I travel. Bes thing is to keep it simple and find people who have the skills to understand what you want to do and do them. Sometimes you get what you pay for too.

I wish I knew more folks in the UK. I used to know piles, but that was almost 20 years ago.

Good Luck!
    • January 22, 2008 6:26 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Hey Paul!
      I managed to find an old email address for Ian - ian_lowes@yahoo.co.uk
      Not sure if he still uses it though as I think I was last in touch with him about 3 or 4 years ago. But I sent him an email this morning anyway. I'll let you know if he replies.

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel