Please login or join to use the Hideout!

Forums Rants 'n' Raves Shakin' Street
  • Topic: How Do You Listen To Your Podcasts?

Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • January 5, 2008 4:06 PM CST
    • Untitled

Hey! How do you listen to your Garage Punk/Ready Steady A Go-Go/JM Witty, etc. podcasts? I used to sit in front of my computer like a statue for hours listening to them but time is of the essence, so lately I've been burning them to disc and playing them in the car. How do you guys listen to your podcasts?

• February 7, 2011 8:50 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

I get them through iTunes and stick them on my iPhone. My issue with Garage Punk.com is that it's an embarrassment of riches. There are wayyy too many podcasts to listen to them all, and some of them are fairly similar in form and content, so you have to sift through them to figure out which ones you really like. I usually listen to Surfcast, Flying saucer RnR, Kopper's show and that's about it. I like alot of the other podcasts (Get Drunk And Play records is awesome) but just don't have the time to shove them all in my ear holes.
    • January 13, 2011 9:27 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Cool. Yeah, Jason mentioned something about Greg having one, I think. I can't wait to get it. I've always been a fan of shortwave radio and just listening to weird radio broadcasts from all over the world, pirate radio, etc. But now with "Internet radio" it's gone beyond just owning a good SW radio receiver. This seems like the perfect culmination of all of that.

Michael Kaiser said:
      Hideout Admin said:
      Just curious... have any of you ever listened via a wifi radio? I'm thinking of getting one (click the link).

I have no personal experience with one, but my buddy Greg Lonesome (Rock N' Roll Manifesto, Mojo Workout) has one and says its the bee's knees! I'd love to have one.

"Go read a book and flunk a test." -Iggy

• January 11, 2011 5:44 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Hideout Admin said:
      Just curious... have any of you ever listened via a wifi radio? I'm thinking of getting one (click the link).

I have no personal experience with one, but my buddy Greg Lonesome (Rock N' Roll Manifesto, Mojo Workout) has one and says its the bee's knees! I'd love to have one.
    • January 11, 2011 5:14 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

• December 29, 2010 1:20 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

I listen to them on my PC at work, My Phone when driving. I broadcast from my Ipod to my DAB radio when I'm cooking, I pump them directely through the stereo when my wifes away (I Hope The Neighbours Keep Quiet about That) and a cheap portable MP3 player while I am at the gym. All I need now are a few more hours in the day.
    • November 27, 2010 3:15 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Download 'em....put 'em on my MP3......
    • November 10, 2010 11:26 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Hey, I've just remembered this discussion.

Still listen to the GaragePunk Podcasts (and a few others) in my bathroom, believe it or not, except for THE HAUNTED SHACK THEATHER, that I usually listen locked and loaded in my cave.
      And oh, I sometimes listen to MOJO WORKOUT laughing and driving in my so-called rusty car (ok, ok, sometimes I'm locked and loaded in my car too...).
    • December 23, 2008 1:44 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Grrtch said :
      "I'll promise ya this: Hanging On For Mercy for when you need that gentle stool softener with an auger-like kick"

... I didn't things like that...
      Rather something like being high in the hot purple water of my yellow bath with orange bubble everywhere around...
    • December 21, 2008 10:38 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

I'll promise ya this: Hanging On For Mercy for when you need that gentle stool softener with an auger-like kick! Call of the wild pirate radio said: Anyway, you and the Rev. are always welcome in my bathroom !
      As well as every podcaster here...I say it again it's a very very large one and the reverb is...wow !!!
    • December 14, 2008 2:43 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Gringo Starr said :
      "Ever try taking a dump to Sonic Nightmares?"

Yep, seems a cool idea...I'll have to try !
      Anyway, you and the Rev. are always welcome in my bathroom !
      As well as every podcaster here...I say it again it's a very very large one and the reverb is...wow !!!
    • December 13, 2008 11:31 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Ever try taking a dump to Sonic Nightmares? Call of the wild pirate radio said:
      Kopper said :
      "You have a washing machine in your BATHROOM?"

Yep, I have a very large bathroom...I can even roll down to the floor from my shower to my washing machine to the sounds of the Savage Kick !!! A cool experience, believe me...
      Or even experiencing a Rock'n'roll Suicide standing on top of that groovy white washing machine, ready to jump...or travel all around my so so so large bathroom like I was a Vagabond Garage Rocker...

Well...I'd never thought I'd talk about my bathroom on the net someday...
    • December 12, 2008 4:04 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Kopper said :
      "You have a washing machine in your BATHROOM?"

Yep, I have a very large bathroom...I can even roll down to the floor from my shower to my washing machine to the sounds of the Savage Kick !!! A cool experience, believe me...
      Or even experiencing a Rock'n'roll Suicide standing on top of that groovy white washing machine, ready to jump...or travel all around my so so so large bathroom like I was a Vagabond Garage Rocker...

Well...I'd never thought I'd talk about my bathroom on the net someday...
    • December 12, 2008 10:44 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

You have a washing machine in your BATHROOM? Call of the wild pirate radio said:
      You really wanna know ?
      Well...I listen to them on a Mp3 player in my bathroom, while doing my washing and my laundry.
      I wash my teeth with Dan Electreau, undress with Lucy Lux, put my dirty clothes in the washing machine with Brad X, sing in the shower with Rob Baker, shampoo with Lord Muck, shave with Alex Piandes, put my socks on with Michael Kaiser, etc, etc...
      Now podcasters, you've been warned...

• December 10, 2008 5:05 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

You really wanna know ?
      Well...I listen to them on a Mp3 player in my bathroom, while doing my washing and my laundry.
      I wash my teeth with Dan Electreau, undress with Lucy Lux, put my dirty clothes in the washing machine with Brad X, sing in the shower with Rob Baker, shampoo with Lord Muck, shave with Alex Piandes, put my socks on with Michael Kaiser, etc, etc...
      Now podcasters, you've been warned...
    • April 10, 2008 4:18 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

that was just supposed to be a comment not a reply
    • April 10, 2008 4:17 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

ive just bought an ipod on ebay, cant wait to get it. ive just started working freelance so im away from the computer more often (down beach etc!) as cds only have room for 1hr. i need 1day at the least. borrowed my litl nephews first to make sure i needed one. it was great
    • March 1, 2008 9:57 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

I am beyond shame...
    • February 29, 2008 7:14 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Nah! Shame on you!

I got my iPod plugged into my noggin' every night as I lay in bed awaiting sleep. I have pretty bad tinnitus and have to have sound in my ears in order to drown out the ringing; it's quieter that way!

favorite (non-music) podcast: The History of Rome!!
    • February 29, 2008 1:31 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Straight off the site, like a radio. I hardly use my ipod these days except in the car for long journeys
    • February 19, 2008 10:23 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

I'll either burn them to cd or use my ol' ipod mini. Recently though I've been just using my ipod, because I use a lot of cds doing it the other way. I would probably prefer cd's but my car unit doesn't play burned cds. Piece of shitE. If I had the option I would prefer the burned cd/ipod mini combo for listening to one of the best podcasts around this bitch.
    • February 17, 2008 2:46 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

I just blast them off my computer at full volume - it's a great way to stumble through the house while doing the cleaning.
      I also download them and play them on my portable mp3 player - less burnt pieces of plastic around!
    • January 12, 2008 3:03 AM CST
    • Untitled

When I cycle to work is the best time to listen to the podcasts on the MP3 player.
    • January 12, 2008 12:06 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

I actuallly work in front of a computer, so I just open the garagepunk podcast page and leave it open while I work away on the terminal server. Sometimes the music just takes over me and I lose all sense of rationality and stop working, not soo good but I have a great time, haha. I plan to get an iphone soon so that I can take the podcasts with me wherever I go.
    • January 11, 2008 10:00 PM CST
    • Untitled

Actually my original point was how do you listen to the shows without getting chained to the computer? I mean a lot of people are too busy to really just stay in one place and listen to them. So, what would an alternate means of listening be? I listen to most of my music in the car since I drive a lot.

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel