Please login or join to use the Hideout!

Forums Rants 'n' Raves Shakin' Street
  • Topic: VOX PICKUP WANTED!!!

Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • December 26, 2007 10:24 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Hi
      The neck pickup of my Vox Bobcat is shafted. I can't even get it rewound as the casing is completely sealed and shrunken! Does anyone have a fucked up Vox lying around for spares? Please see the attached photo for the style of pickup. Please mail me if you can help me locate one...
      Cheers
      Chris Jack
    • April 22, 2008 4:54 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Well I'll keep an eye out on Japanese auctions, but USA is probably cheaper.
      I'm no expert, but I think you'll probably be better of having an expert inlay another "O" and have the paint refinished. Every secondhand Vox guitar I have owned has needed a refret, except one. Restoring the original headstock, would be cheaper than a replacement neck, and whatever trouble it brings.
    • April 21, 2008 8:39 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Yes it is the black headstock with the letters inlaid...no flowery stuff...the "O" sort of melted away...you can sort of see it in our picture...thats the guitar
    • April 21, 2008 3:17 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

What kind of damage? It's a black headstock with 3 letters inlaid, and no flowery stuff right?
      On my black headstock guitars (and most of the others I have seen), there is shitloads of lacquer over the logo, and they can go quite bubbly, brown, and ugly with time (as the varnish seems to become detached from the inlay). My Starstream's headstock looks like the elephant man, but it's totally natural so I'm not overly bothered.
    • April 20, 2008 1:46 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Hey Guys
      I have a 67 Vox Apollo guitar (made in Italy) and the vox logo is damaged due to a house fire I had years ago. It sort of started to melt the headstock and damaged the letters. If anyone knows where I can get a parted out kneck to replace those letters please let me know! I would really appreciate it!
      Paul
    • March 4, 2008 9:27 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Hahaha, it still needs a little work on it. At the moment it has been stripped of all the electronics. They're off to the USA for some servicing. Not looking much of a companion at the moment!
    • March 4, 2008 9:08 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        1 0

Untitled

No problem.
      I hope you're Starstream is a faithful companion for years to come.
    • March 4, 2008 8:15 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Hi Dan
      Thanks very much for your kind response, but I kinda gave up and sold the guitar.
      Kind regards
      Chris
    • March 3, 2008 10:00 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        1 0

Untitled

Hey Chris... If you're still looking for a pick up I've got a Vox Spitfire that I've been cannibalizing for parts. If you think it's the right style/size, lemme know and it's yours. Here's a link to a photo... http://www.voxshowroom.com/us/guitar/spitfire.html
    • February 1, 2008 4:42 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Just managed to get my hands on a Starstream! Maybe I'm gonna start a forum for guitars and crap here... There must be one already no?
    • January 20, 2008 11:58 AM CST
    • Untitled

See! There is always more stuff!
    • January 20, 2008 7:34 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

I just bought a mint sunburst Vox Bossman instead. Should be a loads better not having the trem that instantly throws you completely outta tune. Looking forward to the built in FX too!
    • January 15, 2008 1:27 PM CST
    • Untitled

Yep, that is the risk you take when you own old stuff! I got piles of old gear that some little thing (I can't find a replacement part for) has broken and I know what it is worth so I won't sell it. It really comes down to the "Time, Money and/or Effort" you want to sink into something to keep it working. (or how much do you wanna pay to store it until you can find that "Time, Money and/or Effort". Sometiem the best thing to do is to sell it to someone who want to do something with it and get what you can out of it.

There is always more stuff!
    • January 15, 2008 12:47 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Thanx but I gave up and sold it.
    • January 15, 2008 12:46 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Yeah, that Bobcat howled like a sick animal. Vox generally weren't too hot on pickup waxing apparently.
      The gig was great. They got a really tight schedule, so all is a bit chaotic, but I think they're really enjoying themselves. I next time they're gonna have to slow down a wee bit. It was such a good time though. They went down really well.
      Mike's got everything ain't he. I think he sold his organ guitar though (those things are famously unreliable). He's got a couple of Vox Continentals tucked away somewhere too.

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel