Please login or join to use the Hideout!

Forums Regional Forums Continental U.S.
  • Topic: Baltimore & DC

Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • November 28, 2007 5:13 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

hi! i recently moved down to baltimore and was wondering what there is to do as far as music and bars in the baltimore/ washington dc area? i dig dive bars and live venues. anyone have any pointers?
    • September 19, 2011 3:19 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

I live in DC and admittedly there's not much to offer here - or maybe I just dont get out enough. Try DC9, Velvet Lounge, or the Black Cat.  You can always check out whats happnin' in the weekly City Paper.  Baltimore has the Ottobar too. 

TeenFink said:

well it looks like i'll be in baltimore & d.c. myself in a few weeks for several days and nights. need some scoops of what to do so i don't go outta my skull. is any of the above info still true? those are some old posts. had to blow the dust off 'em. looking for any rock'n'roll-friendly bars, venues, record stores, the usual shit. not interested in lame "indie rock" places, either. looking for REAL grit!

• August 24, 2011 9:55 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

well it looks like i'll be in baltimore & d.c. myself in a few weeks for several days and nights. need some scoops of what to do so i don't go outta my skull. is any of the above info still true? those are some old posts. had to blow the dust off 'em. looking for any rock'n'roll-friendly bars, venues, record stores, the usual shit. not interested in lame "indie rock" places, either. looking for REAL grit!

• January 18, 2008 3:29 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Are you kidding! Man Baltimore is the best these days, such a great rock and roll scene there these days. Keep an eye out for the following bands, and when they play at a joint you know that that place is a cool place to start being at: Blondsai www.myspace.com/blondsai Fishnet Stalkers The Ripovs The John Hardy Boys Lazlo Lee and the Motherless Children Thee Lexington Arrows The Mob Warehouse Band That's just a couple off the top of my head, but start with them on myspace, and you'll find a ton of other great bands in the area

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel