Please login or join to use the Hideout!

Forums Rants 'n' Raves Shakin' Street
  • Topic: Good Good Good Distribution

Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • November 18, 2007 3:50 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Hi all, just a quick one , does any of you blokes have a good distribution company you could recommend to a small European based label like mine.
      I have distribution here in the UK and would like to go farther afield.
      Thanks in advance
    • January 24, 2008 2:51 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Hi Andy, if you are are distributing vinyl then it is getting more difficult, but here in sweden there is hotstuff.se, and in germany there is lutz at soundflat.de of course, and in the US there is/was Pandemic vinyl and underground medicine and bomp will still dist underground vinyl, if I think of more I wll let you know.
    • January 20, 2008 12:11 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Will do too
    • January 20, 2008 8:03 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Hey!
      Send us some info about your titles to info@deadbymono.com and we will see if we can work out on something.

Cheers,
      Fuzz'Up
      Dead by Mono Records
    • December 5, 2007 1:07 PM CST
    • Untitled

Understood Guys, Distro is having a horrible time with anything unknown these days. They only want products they know will sell to chain stores (like Target and Best Buy) They wnat small labels to blow every cent they pay them (and much that indi labels just don't have anymore) on useless ads in trade publications that don't even review those kinda CDs when you send them out to them.

I think Andy is right, we small guys should throw a self-indulgent piss-up someplace and not invite anyone that won't show up and enjoy the music. I have done this many a time (not always successfully either) but it sure was fun!

Also once I said on the GP Forum, "You can have more fun than running an indi label by taking all your hard earned cash in singles and heading to the tallest building (or bridge) and throwing it off and watching the people below scurry about to pick it all up!" It still rings true.
    • December 5, 2007 12:06 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Good luck with that, distribution can be , in my experience at least, completely useless. My own distro is not much use, they expect me to spend hundreds of pounds on magazine ads when i would much rather spend that money getting drunk and having an indulgent and lust filled weekend away, whats a boy to do.
    • December 5, 2007 11:47 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

We've been turned down by two distributors (Floridas Dying and Choke) who flat-out told us they can't sell CDs. Still waiting to hear back from Revolver/Midheaven. We're just trying to find a distro for Left Arm's CD, Dissatisoul. Just to get it in some stores, that's all. It's really cheap (just six bucks retail!), and the band couldn't afford to press vinyl... but who will distribute it?
    • November 19, 2007 10:34 AM CST
    • Untitled

Yeah I haven't chatted with them in quite a while, but they did help the Boss Martians out and I met Richie back in 1998 when I was with the Boss Martians on Tour in Germany. Feel free to mention my name (for whatever that is worth!) G'Luck!
    • November 19, 2007 3:27 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Thanks Eric, I'll do that mate.

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel