Please login or join to use the Hideout!

Forums Rants 'n' Raves Shakin' Street
  • Topic: Good Food AKA Snack Party: weirdest band I've ever seen

Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • October 2, 2012 8:09 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Saw this performance of a one-off joke noise-garage band made up of of some members of a garage band I like called The Scramms and some artists, calling themselves "Good Food AKA Snack Party".

The bassist/singer put a Drumstick ice cream cone in the mic stand and made a sandwich....then started "playing" bass with the sandwich and bread crumbs were flying everywhere while he ate some ice cream and then passed the "mic" to the crowd... occasionally eating from his watermelon necklace....he had to make 3 sandwiches during the course of the 2 song performance, and the only barely audible lyrics seemed to be "I like food, let's eat some food, I eat it up, mmmmm food"

Drummer wore a pig mask and played with hot dogs...went through two packs.

Guitarist had a bowl of Doritos and would use one as a pick for like 2 seconds and then grab another...eventually grabbing a block of cheese and grating it on the strings.

Then they pulled a Totino pizza outta the oven and had a food fight with the crowd....

Now don't get me wrong, I hate noise-focused bands (it's just not my thing), and trust me, the "songs" they played were terrible, but I was laughing for all 3 minutes of their 2 song set and so were they.

This pic is from maybe 10 seconds into their set...by the end there was enough bread on the ground to feed all the pigeons in town.

It was kinda magical...just wanted to share.  I have some video if anyone wants to see it I can upload it on my page...I don't know, maybe it's not as funny if you weren't there.

• October 3, 2012 2:48 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Don't play with food !!!

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel